What's new

1964Video - official DevTalk & Release thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyvenus

I posted this in the wrong section, sorry!

Here's my question....

First off, thanks for having me here. Long time visitor, but new member. And, of course, I have a problem. So, sorry that my second post is a request for help.

I've made a few textures for WWF No Mercy, which is no problem, and have recently discovered the possibilities the the 1964 plugin has, as shown in this thread:

http://www.emutalk.net/threads/50809...fficial-thread

Needless to say, it has gotten me REALLY excited. However, upon installing the plugin and numbering my textures in a similar fashion, all I have managed to accomplish is to have almost half of my hi-res textures disappear, and absolutely no multiple textures appear for the face I was trying to mod.

Does this only work for background images? If I could get this to work I would be beyond happy.

Thanks for your time.

lost_seraph

Hi I've been trying to use this plugin with Project 64. I downloaded a Zelda Majora's Mask texture and got it working except when the game starts (after the Dawn of the First Day thing) it says Project64.exe has stopped working. There is another plugin I've used but there are some fps issues with that one.

Here are my computer specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i3 380m 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M
DirectX 11

Also I'm running it in compatability mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Is there anything I can do?

lost_seraph

I downloaded that new one but I still can't get it to work when loading hi res textures. I just keep getting "Project64 has stopped working".

kanpuu

Gamer Junkie
i also use project 64, but from what i can see this plugin only seems to work with 1964 i've just been using mudlord rice 6.1.4
there are a few glitches but it works. if anyone has a fix for 1964 video R93 hit us up!

Edit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
I can get r35 to work but not r93

Last edited:

death--droid

@kanpuu, is there any errors spewed out by Rice Video?
@lost_seraph, ill try and get the problems with it fixed up as soon as i have the motivation and time to do so.

Also just test it on rev 95 first, http://code.google.com/p/emu-1964/downloads/detail?name=1964Video (REV 95(.zip
From what ive noticed the render sometimes doesnt seem to create itself, aka getting the "... is null" error.
Im going to try and clean up the hires texture loading code soon and fix up bugs with it and bloated code.

Last edited:

lost_seraph

thanks death droid - I hope you haven't started anything yet though, b/c I don't think my problem with the plugin is just with hi res textures. At first I thought it was since the texture loading screen comes up and only after does it crash, but now with the hi res off I still get the same thing. I load Zelda MM and I immediately get 'Project64 has stopped working'

death--droid

I am unable to replicate this probably your having when loading Zelda MM, can you send me the "1964video.cfg" and "1964Video.ini" files located in your plugins directory.

Cooltad

Every version of this plugin aside from the original mudload dx9 6.1.3 seems to be incompatible with mudlord's dx9 shaders in Zelda MM.

Many textures in majora's mask are black.
No matter what settings I try.
Using Normal Combiner fixes the black texgture problem, but now the start menu is almost invisible, and the HUD is in black-and-white.
On a side note, I figured out how to configure 1964video to emulate the motion-blur and occlusion effects in majora's mask. harder than you think!

Any combination of settings seems to produce this problem if you use any BLOOM or HDR shader.
The problem begins after the beginning of the game when link falls and is in the room with the spot-lights on him.
Anyways, this is on both (U) and (E) versions of the game. Any ideas?

This really sucks because I love this plugin and love shaders and want them both to work. I can't get motion blur effects to work in 6.1.3.

Last edited:

dark_hollow

Inside of the mind
Hello community! I'm using this pluging with Majoras Mask and this textures pack http://www.emutalk.net/threads/51244-bluedart-s-Hi-Res-Majora-s-Mask. It works with glide, but it runs very slow in some areas, so I tried this plugin but when I tried to change to fullscreen, I get this issue:

Also, I need to install a specific version of Directx? With Plugins like Glide or Jabo it doesn't crash when I change from window to fullscreen.
Any help is welcome :)

Emulator:
Already tested with Project64 1.6,1.7 and 1964 ver0.9.9

Netbook Specs:
4GB Ram
Dual Core T4400 2.2GHz
GM45 Integrated chipset (It doesn't have dedicated video memory)

death--droid

For anyone interested I will now be working on this at https://github.com/death-droid/Rice-Video , Please note ill be dropping all support for DirectX 8 and OpenGL in my version for the sake of simplicity and less work on my part, that and I can't really be stuffed having the DirectX 8 SDK lying around on my computer

DETOMINE

As of now, I can't think of a game that works better with rice than with others video plugins (glide or jabo).
I only use rice on my android device :s (Mupen64plus AE), and it's probably the opengl version.

Also there are so many version of the rice plugin around that it confuses me.

So are you targeting specific issues, maybe specific games?
Can you tell us a little more?

death--droid

As of now, I can't think of a game that works better with rice than with others video plugins (glide or jabo).
I've always had weird issues with Glide, I'm doing this more as a side project to my other projects than anything.
I only use rice on my android device :s (Mupen64plus AE), and it's probably the opengl version.
It's actually more likely to be running OpenGL ES then anything

Also there are so many version of the rice plugin around that it confuses me.
There really arent that many... theres the original RiceVideo, then there's mudlord's (Which most if not all of the newer rice plugins are based off), then theres 1964Video(Which is pretty much getting renamed back to rice video in my new project and being worked on)

So are you targeting specific issues, maybe specific games?
Can you tell us a little more?
No not really, I kind of work on things as they come along

DETOMINE

There really arent that many... theres the original RiceVideo, then there's mudlord's (Which most if not all of the newer rice plugins are based off), then theres 1964Video(Which is pretty much getting renamed back to rice video in my new project and being worked on)
Yep, but there are many 1964Video plugin (the one from 1964 1.2, the original one, the directx8 one, the directx9 one, and so on).

edit : and there is an other rice plugin (6.0 beta 11, 6.1.4 and 6.1.8 if I remember correctly).

Last edited:

death--droid

Rice Video 6.1.8 is rather old and outdated and shouldnt be used.
I really can't see whats so confusing about it. 1964Video are all forks off the original Rice Video source code, the latest one was a move back to DIrectX 8 mainly because i was to lazy to fix the problems happening with DirectX9 then anything. I would, in the scheme of things consider it a down grade from my DirectX9 versions, thats where I can see it becoming a bit confusing.

DETOMINE

I didn't mean to be rude sorry :unsure:
Anyway it's good to see an actively developed plugin.
Will you provide in the future a compiled dll file?

death--droid

I didn't mean to be rude sorry :unsure:
Anyway it's good to see an actively developed plugin.
Will you provide in the future a compiled dll file?
It's all good, I understand what you were getting at.
I will be providing a compiled version of the DLL once ive made a significant change or fix.

EDIT:
At the moment I'm mainly just cutting out things that are no longer required to be done. Like using small textures only really isn't a function that is even needed at all anymore, so that's now removed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.