What's new

1964Video - official DevTalk & Release thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo Maniac

Nintendo Maniac said:
HOLY CRAP I GOT IT TO WORK!

What I did was go to the older version of the plugin, that is Aristotle's Mudlord & Rice Video. That didn't work - it said I was missing msvcrtd.dll, so I checked the post again. It said I needed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 so I got that, but it still said the DLL was missing. So I got the DLL and even though I wasn't getting the error anymore, the plugin wasn't listed... HOWEVER, 1964video WAS listed!

So it looks like you need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 and/or msvcrtd.dll to use this plugin. You might want to mention that in the OP. ;P

Great! I'll do but please give me some background information: What did you do to cause the error? Did you as well change from DirectX10 to DirectX11? Under which DirectX version did it run without this library?
Oh, sorry for not replying - I didn't have email notification on.

My issue was different from other, it actaully happened on XP SP3 out of the box. HOWEVER I DO use a slimmed-down "home-made" version of XP if that makes any difference (I DO have 2 license keys though!).

Note that it turns out that Aristotle's Mudlord & Rice Video did end up working and being listed - no idea why it wasn't at first (maybe I'm just blind?)

gitech

N64 Artist
Merry Christmas everyone!

Hope everyone is doing fine and is having a happy holiday season!

Take care,
Jay

gitech

N64 Artist
Thanks, I'm good. :)

I've started messing with Body Harvest again. I hope the issues can be worked out. Zil has said he will be looking to it! :)

How are you nowadays?

Jay

Torrente

Good old granpa comes with a bug that was bothering this plugin since 2005. This is Perfect Dark PAL (NTSC works fine).

Kreationz

Emulator Developer
BTW, the current solution (1964Video.sln) in the 1964Video section of the SVN is trying to load the wrong project name.

It's trying "Video 7" (Video 7.10.vcproj) should be "1964Video" (1964Video.vcproj)

The two files needing to be changed are "1964Video.sln" and "1964Video.suo"

P.S: In a few months I'll be doing a full port of the OpenGL portion of this project to DX64 and when done will commit any fixes (We have some not from Rice.) back to the project. I'll also be updating DX64's audio to Azimer's 0.55 WIP 1 which was his last public release. Someone should talk to him about incorporating his plug-in into the SVN.

Last edited:

death--droid

@Chaoszerox I have a few problems like that not sure what causes it.
Anyway If anyone want's I can post a version of 1964Video that doesn't store the plugin settings in the registry but in a CFG:)P Its from Rice Video Linux)
Tho it hasn't really worked properly for me so it hasn't being committed to SVN yet.

EDIT:
Committed the change to SVN i may post a new build soon.

Last edited:

Mollymutt

I'm having a few problems running Paper Mario. At certain times the frame rate drops to 0 for a while, like when you are at the fortune teller's house. Also, I got this strange screen when I leveled up.

OP
M

microdev

I'm having a few problems running Paper Mario. At certain times the frame rate drops to 0 for a while, like when you are at the fortune teller's house. Also, I got this strange screen when I leveled up.

What emulator/version are you using? This exception seems to me to be a problem with the emulation core as - as far as I know - TLB is part of the R4000 and should thus be emulated in the core and not in any plugin.

Besides that, what version of 1964Video are you using? Do the slowdowns only occure when hires is active or also with the original game graphic?

halo2376

I get this error message: 80088824: Exception in emulation thread when starting The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, as soon as I get into the game (after I select my file)
I've looked and can't seem to find anyone who's ever gotten that error code. Using 1964Video r35.

This only happens when I load high res textures.

Jamrock990

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the Zelda Community re-texture pack, and seems high-rez packs in general. Let me start by saying my computer is more than capable of handling N64 emulation. The problem....

Whenever I enable the texture pack (load high-rez textures if available) setting I will get some pretty major stuttering when turning around quickly/loading a new area. For instance, when Zelda: OOT is opened and you are on the intro screen with link riding down the road. As soon as it switches screens it will jump down to 15-16 fps for a second and then back up to 20 fps where it stays steady until the same thing happens again. This happens quite often during play, making it rather frustrating to play.

I was thinking it had something to do with how the emulator was loading the textures. Saw a texture caching option, but every time I try to do that it gets to the end. I see Thumbs.db as the last texture, and then it will say the video plugin has failed to load. Anyway, this might not even be the right approach to this issue.

Does anyone else get choppiness/stuttering with the texture pack enabled?

Also, when I use any of the newer video plug-ins it seems (Rice 6.1.3, the 1964 video community version here) that are able to load high-rez textures I will get texture flickering and other odd issues. Always evident on the opening with the N64 logo, it will flicker and flash when it is spinning around. If I use any other plug-ins, it does not happen, unfortunately all of those plug-ins did not have an option for loading high-rez textures.

Oh, and I'm using Windows 7 64-bit if there is some incompatibility there?

Sorry for the long post, hoping maybe someone knows what is going on! I really want to play Zelda in peace and harmony

System specs:
i7-920 @ 4.1ghz
HD 5970 2GB
6gb 1600mhz OCZ RAM
Asus p6t Deluxe v2 mobo
Auzentech Prelude X-fi 7.1
Corsair 850W PSU

Thanks,
-J

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Windows 7 64-bit
may be the problem
rice is built for only win 32 i bellive, however i maybe wrong.

it could also be the plugin refresh rate.

is directX up up to date?
may have issues with X10 X11 not sure.

Jamrock990

Yeah, It may very well be a Win 7 64-bit problem. Although odd as the stuttering doesn't occur without the ZELDA community re-texture pack loaded.

Refresh rate, hrmm... I think it is locked at 60? I'll try messing with the setting a bit.

DirectX should be up to date, I have DX10 and DX11... I would assume the most up to date version of those would also include DX9.

Mollymutt

I'm still having major problems with Paper Mario. Lava lava mountain was buggy as hell. It kept flickering, and crashing. I played around with the framebuffer settings, and I finally got through it. Now, when I get to a battle, it crashes every time. I tried this with both PJ64, and 1964 with the same results.

death--droid

Just thought i may as well release the 1964 Video update before I go and remove DirectX 8 and attempt to get DirectX 9 working for all games.

Changelog
Fix up the Wave Race ucodemap loading so it actually uses its ucodemap not
ucodemap 0.
Use daedalusx64's method for vertexes with Wave Racer.
Add a fix to * right(const char *src, int nchars) taken from Rice Video Linux (Richard42 and Tillin9)
Add a fix for a bug in ConvertImage.cpp found by Dorian Fervier taken from Rice Video Linux (Richard42)
Cleaned up texture enhancment checking code.(death-droid)
Replace the registry information storing with a CFG based one taken from Rice Video Linux also there may be a problem with picking windows resolutions.(death-droid)
Fixed crashing that occurred when the dimensions that have to be created differed from the dimensions that have been loaded (made SSB crash)(microdev)
some smaller optimizations for cashing & bug fixing (microdev)
some further source code commented(microdev)
alternative routine for allowing unlimited hires size (as long as power of two) (microdev)

1964Video R63
http://www.mediafire.com/?qzwdmomdzyf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.