What's new

1964Video - official DevTalk & Release thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mots

dumbass
Hm, as soon as I try to start a game with FSAA enabled, I only get "Can not initialize DX9, check your Direct settings"
Win 7/8800M GTX
Help?

IBBIAZ

Same issue.

When the Framebuffer is set to Default, None, Write Back & Reload, :
When I load up Zelda OoT (with no hi res textures), it tells me either "Cannot initialize DX9, check your Direct settings" or "g_pRender is NULL."

When the Framebuffer is set to anything else:
I load up the game, and I hear Epona galloping along and the title music, but the screen stays black.

This is all under Direct X, which I am trying to use for shaders to work with. OpenGL works fine with any Framebuffer setting.

I'm using 1964 with the latest 1964video plugin, no hi res packages in this testing, Win7 x86, Direct X 11, and GeForce 8600M GT.

EDIT: I've gone back through releases and R63 works (post #79), and I've tried hi res textures, which work, too. but none after. It's a DX8 build, though, so I haven't tried the shaders, but I guess that's not really the point of the thread.

Last edited:

Mollymutt

Are you still looking at fixing the framebuffer issues? I'm thinking about starting up my old paper mario project again, but I won't until it runs better.

Phillip

First of all, great plugin but I'm having some tiny issues. When the render engine is set to Direct X it fails to start. Opengl works but there's some slight/weird rendering issues.

Here's a screen of one of them:

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5135/31942843.jpg

It doesn't happen all the time but different shapes like that randomly flicker on and off while running or looking around - the map (I mean the pop up one not the level) flickers on and off as well. Also when trying to save the game there's the background doesn't show correctly nor does link.

My main specs (if that helps)

CPU: C2D E6850
RAM: 4GB PC6400
GFX: GTX 260

Kodiack

Still unable to use DirectX API in Windows 7 x64. I've updated my display driver, as well as flashed video BIOS to fix some issues with forced AFR and CCC. DX is still entirely unavailable, though.

Nintendo Maniac

Mario Party 3 has a decent amount of texture bugs, but none of them actually get in the way of gameplay...

..except one. On the minigame Etch 'n' Catch, the mushroom is 1/4 the size it's supposed to be. In the below screenshot, the mushroom on the right is the correct size, while the size on the left is what is displayed. (Note that every 2 or 3 seconds, the mushroom flashes to the correct size for a millisecond.)

edtT8.png

MC TC

hey guys,

i wonder if it would be possible to make a video plugin, which emulates n64-games in stereoscopic 3d? what do you guys think?
it would be awesome to see that some day. :)

KrazyTrumpeter

Still unable to use DirectX API in Windows 7 x64. I've updated my display driver, as well as flashed video BIOS to fix some issues with forced AFR and CCC. DX is still entirely unavailable, though.

Ditto for me, as well, except I have nVidia. Latest drivers, DirectX, Visual C++ Redist SP1, etc, etc. Keeps saying "Cannot initialize DX9" and "g_pRender is NULL"

Is there a debug version of 1964 and/or the plugin I can use to help gather some data?

edit: Want to note that this is with r67. r35 works fine, even with texture caching after I tweak the 1964 exe to be allowed to use more than 2gb of RAM(crashes if I don't do that and leave texture caching enabled). With r67, I still get g_pRender NULL even if loading hi-res textures is disabled

Last edited:
OP
M

microdev

Ditto for me, as well, except I have nVidia. Latest drivers, DirectX, Visual C++ Redist SP1, etc, etc. Keeps saying "Cannot initialize DX9" and "g_pRender is NULL"

Is there a debug version of 1964 and/or the plugin I can use to help gather some data?

edit: Want to note that this is with r67. r35 works fine, even with texture caching after I tweak the 1964 exe to be allowed to use more than 2gb of RAM(crashes if I don't do that and leave texture caching enabled). With r67, I still get g_pRender NULL even if loading hi-res textures is disabled

r35 was the last version, I was involved in. Having a glance on the code from time to time, I recognized some changes that most like cause severe problems as they seem to be not always complete and do not take special cases into account.

If I remember right, I also posted some issues in the change log. Unfortunately I have zero time atm to get involved again.

Anyway, I would like to encorage everyone who feels willing to contribute to add texture compression support. I think, that should not be hard to do and will avoid the memory issues. My caching implementation was just experimental, meaning that the texture compression was still missing.

Last edited:

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
So are there any plans right now to add widescreen support to the plugin? Let me show you what I mean.

Here is a screenshot taken with an older version of this plugin (mudlord's). You can see that the display ratio here 4:3, the same ratio as old televisions and monitors: http://i49.tinypic.com/2dl23cx.png

...and here is the same scene using Jabo's Direct3D (the latest version that comes with 1.6, not the 1.7 version): http://i45.tinypic.com/35lhm68.png

People have been asking about this for awhile. I figured I'd poke you guys about it again.

ChrisHighwind

Hey, I have a problem with Majora's Mask.

Everything else I can put up with as the speed is way better than Glide64, but for some reason, when I try and pull up the Bomber's Notebook, it does not show up. I can move around the notebook, but it doesn't do any good if I can't see where I'm going or see the information.

1st image - Before selecting notebook

2nd image - After selecting notebook

EDIT: Before I forget, I want to say that I am using the DirectX Renderer

Status
Not open for further replies.