What's new

1964Video - official DevTalk & Release thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

death--droid

I just switched the download link.
Download it now, I accidently uploaded the DirectX 9 version.

Last edited:

mode7

i get the dx8 error with this one

edit: debug version works, but the lagging is still there if not worse

Last edited:

Mollymutt

Much better, thank you. I'm still getting a few bugs here and there. When I use the tidal wave attack, I get this. is this a framebuffer issue that I can fix in settings?

lewa

Wow droid, I didn't know you were heading this project. Great work on the updates, 1964 is the best video plugin for texture packs.

I think my dll is extremely out of date, will dload new one when I get home.

death--droid

@Mollymutt from what I know its a frame buffer issue. Hopefully soon I'll be able to implement more framebuffer effects but first I won't to improve the speed of the high res texture packs.
@Lewa most of the good work is done by Microdev, but hopefully soon I'll have something good to show.
@mode7 Whats the error you get because the new links I posted don't even have DirectX 8 in them.

death--droid

I think I may of found the source of the constant slow downs in Hyrule field, Rice Video kills textures after 5 seconds and deletes them after 30 seconds.
But then I am generally wrong.

Last edited:

death--droid

Features to expect in the next release.

Automatic generation of mip-maps. -COMPLETED
Allow multiple images to be loaded in as a animation. By calvino -Need to look into code before adding.

This list will increase as time goes on.

Last edited:

lewa

Animated textures would be the best thing ever. Try to allow editing of animation speed if possible, perhaps by including a. txt with the settings for the texture.

blogger

I'm having a few problems running Paper Mario. At certain times the frame rate drops to 0 for a while, like when you are at the fortune teller's house. Also, I got this strange screen when I leveled up.

I don't know about the rest of those, but the framerate issue in the fortune teller's house is due to a framebuffer effect. You can set that to off. I think that also resolves a slowdown at the start of each battle (but produces garbage on the screen).

Speaking of Paper Mario, sometimes the character sprites turn black. I think this happens when they're suppose to darken due to a lighting effect.

death--droid

I'll be working on getting Calvinos changes working properly soon.
Just want to get something else done first.

Last edited:

jrharbort

One more bug to report, not sure if it's been noted.

When using the community version of rice video, or the version by Mudlord himself, I noticed that sometimes transparency isn't applied where it needs to be, like when using the Lens of Truth in the shadow temple in OoT. However, the transparency works fine when using the default Project64 video plugin (Jabo 1.6). I've tried adjusting every setting possible, to no avail. Graphics card is a Geforce 9600M GT in case you're wondering. If I missed something, please feel free to let me know.

Here are some picture examples.

Here is using the community plugin:

219p99d.png

ebd9us.png

And here is using the default plugin:

14ubars.png

2drdnrc.png

death--droid

@jrharbot this is a problem with how Rice Video handles the frame buffer, its quite a hard problem to fix up.

What are peoples veiws on just making Rice Video a DirectX plugin?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.