What's new

cant read dc_bios.bin blah blah blah

notedworthy

same old problem kinda new with this emulator i downloaded it then i went and got the bios I got a couple of kinds atleast 4, I also have a dreamcast game a .NRG not sure what im suposed to do with that. Well anyway I put the dc bios, dc flash and the other one dc flash wb in the mainfolder and tried pressing start. gave error cant read dc bios bin. configured keyboard, the input, so i'm not sure of what i need to do. if anyone could help thatd be nice.

OP
N

notedworthy

data folder?? when I dled chankast it had these files chankast_alpha_25,chankast_cdroll.dll, chankast_cdrom_aspi_dll, chankast_input.dll, chankast_input_semi.dll, chankast_manual and vmsbrowser and thats it. no data folder, so do i make one just name it data, right now i just have the bios in with all the other files in the folder.

OP
N

notedworthy

Ok, I remenamed boot to bios on the dc and then i loaded the images of bios, flash and flash wb, i tried starting chankast, then after i do that i get an i/o error, which im guessing is because I dont have a controller, i wanted to use a keyboard. anytips?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I/O error has nothing to do with controllers or no controllers. It has to do with Chankasts GD-ROM plugin failing work properly (or rather, it works just fine, but fails when used with certain disc image or physical discs.

Nothing should prevent you from trying another, far better DC emulator, such as Demul or nullDC, and see if your game(s) work better in those.

P.S. My bad, the Data folder is for nullDC, not Chankast. It seems that you fixed your original problem anyway.