May 15th, 2011, 12:39
ATON YOU ARE A LEGEND!!! I don't know how much I can thank you... I just do. You're AWSOME!!! XD
May 17th, 2011, 01:29
Also Aton, do you have the .szp yay0 decompresser by Lunaboy? That would be useful too...
May 17th, 2011, 09:42
I like beer
January 23rd, 2012, 07:29
I extracted some files from szp of Luigi's Mansion and edited them.
Next, I want to replace them with files before edit.
But I can't repack them into szp file.
Is there any tool for correct packing szp files?
Can someone tell me how to do it?
Please exuse my poor english.
Originally Posted by Anton
yea...um sorry for bumping this but Rapid share links are dead and so is Mega upload...:/ Can i get a Media fire link please? Anyone? I really want Lunaboy's Rarc and SZP Unpacker for luigi's mansion! Again sorry for bumping this....
June 1st, 2012, 00:09
Mag0man, I've re-posted both the packer and the unpacker in the 'Wind Waker Sea Maps' thread a while ago.
Today I've found some minor bugs in these tools, so I've digged up the sourcecode to correct them.
The packer and the unpacker are both console programs (no graphical gui).
Usage instructions for use with Windows Explorer:
1. Place both executables into an empty directory
2. Copy the szp file from the game to the same directory as the executables
3. Drag the szp file and place it on top of the 'ArcExtract.exe' filename (a console window opens and closes)
4. A new directory has been created containing the extracted files and directory structure
- - - - - - - - - - - -
5. Modify the files (do not change the filenames or the directory structure, otherwise the game can't find them)
- - - - - - - - - - - -
6. Go to the directory containing the two executables
7. Drag the previously extracted directory and place it on top of the 'ArcPack.exe' filename (a console window opens and closes)
8. A new arc file has been created (directory name with the '.arc' extension added)
9. Replace the arc extension with szp
- ArcExtract now creates a new directory with the ARC Root name and extracts everything into this directory
- ArcPack now writes the real filesize instead of a rounded-up-to-32-bytes filesize
When I try to upload the file to the emutalk server, I get an error message: 'File system directory "[path]/attachments/3/2/0/8/7" is not writeable or cannot be found.'
As a work-around, I'm using the file-sharing website minus.com (the file stays available for only 30 days, so get it quickly).
Hopefully the emutalk uploadsystem gets fixed soon.
June 11th, 2012, 14:19
Actually, while Luigi's Mansion does have RARC archives in it (like the archives containing room models), this method doesn't work for other files.
Originally Posted by Lunaboy
I've been investigating Luigi's Mansion; trying to document what file does what and how. However, I've hit a road block with this lack of an ability to repackage edited files. As a test of the method you suggested above, I unzipped the file called Event7 (the cutscene archive that contains information for the scene in the beginning where there's a ghost floating around with a key in it in the Foyer), rezipped it using your Arc packer and rebuilt the game with the rezipped file. It didn't work. When the cutscene tries to play, the game (not Dolphin) comes up with a "An error has occurred" message. So, your suggested method doesn't work for .szp files.
I'd suggest that the .szp files aren't compressed RARC archives, but then again, your Arc extractor extracts them just fine. Perhaps the game prefers .szp files to be YAY0'd? What can you make of this, Lunaboy?
Last edited by Sage of Mirrors; June 11th, 2012 at 14:31.