What's new

Mayflash n64 adapter not reading the "C-buttons". Help

OP
N

NickMode

I got it to the point where I can play emulators and the C buttons work. But when i try to play with other people they dont work.

Well when i host a game, no one else can move their joysticks when i have the c buttons enabled. And when i try and join a game with the c buttons enabled, i cant move my joystick.

someone has had to have this problem before. I mean im not the only one with this adapter. Im new to online play and stuff and i have no idea how to work this. Can someone please help

regnad

I had a similar problem at first. Just reset it to default and try again. Or maybe close PJ64 and reopen it first.

Eventually it'll take, and then you've got it. But be sure to save those settings.

Allnatural

I doubt you'll find any help. Very few people are using pj64k anymore, given that it's built on an old, outdated source.

I suppose you could try using the input plugins from v1.6, but if your computer melts or explodes you never heard of me...

MattMode

Wow didn't know the moderator was a dick on this forum... This is a post from my other thread which was closed for some reason. I understand my post has some of the same issues as this one does but my main concern here is the Input (controller) Plugin options and project64 netplay.

Thank you in advance for any advice/answers.

On my pull down tab for Input (controller) Plugin i have...

Adaptoid Plugin v1.0
Jabo's DirectInput 71.40
N-Rage's Direct-Input 81.60

Here is my problem I just bought and received the Mayflash n64 dual port USB adapter.

For some reason when I have Jabo's DirectInput 71.40 selected in the Input (controller) plugin and then I go to controller configuration plugin tab for my n64 controller and try to "assign buttons" the "c-buttons" do not configure on the controller configuration screen. The joystick configures properly along with a, b, z, r, L etc. but the c-buttons have no response.

So I switched my Input (controller) Plugin tab to N-Rage's Direct-Input 81.60 and go to the controller configuration plugin tab and in the "assign keys" tab I am actually enabled to assign the c-buttons along with all other buttons on my n64 controller.

So at this point I figure I have solved my problem.... Wrong! Btw I pretty much only play super smash brothers. So I start up my super smash brothers emulation and go into 1 player mode and everything works great. All buttons work properly etc.

The problem after this is once I try to start net play. Whenever I join a game w/ my controller settings assigned using N-Rage's Direct-Input 81.60 my controller is unresponsive. If I try to create my own game my controller works fine but the other players in my party cannot move or function their controllers.

So my question is.... Is N-Rage's Direct-Input 81.60 not supported by project64 net play? Is there something I am missing? Do I need to download something else?

I am very new to project64 and really would appreciate any help I could get.

MattMode

Thanks for the advice allnatural there is a pretty large community of project64k users that play super smash brother for the n64 and a lot of the claim to use the n64 controller with an adapter with no issues. Maybe its just the adapter I got.

At this point I am leaning towards just buying a new one.

Anyone know of any USB adapters that are compatible and have no problems w/ project64k net play??

MattMode

Yeah we are brothers. Is it against forum policy to have more than 1 family member registered to this site at a time? Im confused...

OP
N

NickMode

I doubt you'll find any help. Very few people are using pj64k anymore, given that it's built on an old, outdated source.

I suppose you could try using the input plugins from v1.6, but if your computer melts or explodes you never heard of me...

cool. thanks for the response.

I normally play ssb64.

Could you suggest any other site with better software where i could find some good online ssb games?

Toasty

Sony battery
Yeah we are brothers. Is it against forum policy to have more than 1 family member registered to this site at a time? Im confused...
If that's the case, perhaps you and your brother might consider collaborating when you encounter identical problems, so as to avoid spamming the same forum with duplicate threads.

MattMode

Our threads were not identical maybe try reading both before making assumptions?

Anyway got the answer and fixed the problem from asking some people who actually cared to help. You can close this thread if you like.

Toasty

Sony battery
I did read both threads. (In fact, it was your second thread that lead me here in the first place.) They both describe the same problem. I'm not interested in perpetuating this off-topic line of discussion - I'm just making a suggestion on how you can more logically proceed with similar situations in the future.

helper1234

My C buttons wasn’t working with my project64 v2.2, so I deleted it. Now I use project64 v1.6 with the Jabo patch plugin for project64 v1.6 and every buttons works. C BUTTONS WORKS!!!! Go on Google , search this & click the link ~~~>>> Jabosoft.com - Project64 1.6.1 (Nintendo64 Emulator) <<<~~~ Project64 v1.6 and the Jabo patch plugin for project64 v1.6 are there.

Note : If you use project64 v1.6, I bet your C buttons will works even if you don’t have the Jabo patch plugin for project64 v1.6.

And use emuparadise website to download any rom, from any console.

Helper1234

- - - Updated - - -

My C buttons wasn’t working with my project64 v2.2, so I deleted it. Now I use project64 v1.6 with the Jabo patch plugin for project64 v1.6 and every buttons works. C BUTTONS WORKS!!!! Go on Google , search this & click the link ~~~>>> Jabosoft.com - Project64 1.6.1 (Nintendo64 Emulator) <<<~~~ Project64 v1.6 and the Jabo patch plugin for project64 v1.6 are there.

Note : If you use project64 v1.6, I bet your C buttons will works even if you don’t have the Jabo patch plugin for project64 v1.6.

And use emuparadise website to download any rom, from any console.

Helper1234

Last edited: