What's new

Chankast Open's Rom as CD

narutokuro

My Chankast Open's my MvC2 as CD.
Here is what i did so far:

Window XP
Downloaded Chankast vr .25 (something like that)
Have Bios
Have Deamon Tools Lite (well mounted)
Have correct Drive
2 Different MvC2 CDI files i tried and they both mount but both initate as CD
They both may not be self bootable...okay

The one FAQ said to use a tool to make your game selfbootable or use the Utopia boot disk.

...so....anyone know how to do that?

OP
N

narutokuro

So i found this:

1) Get the Utopia Boot Disc 1.1 and DC bios files (dc_bios.bin & dc_flash,bin), unzip both on the Chankast folder

2) Load the Utopia Boot Disc first on Daemon Tools, start Chankast and emulation, then wait until a screen appears with a reindeer.

3) Swap the UBD with your CDI iso file, and wait some seconds. Hopefully it will work.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Making non-selfboot images into selfboot images requires a bunch of tools and generally is not worth the effort. You can also get the Utopia bootdisc, run it first and then switch with the game image. This is not foolproof, as Chankast is rather shitty with its emulation routines.

Chankast supposedly works best with DT 3.29, but nothing should prevent you from simply using another, better emulator and see if you have more luck that way.

OP
N

narutokuro

I just can't get my MvC2 to work and i don't know why? Any help you could provide would be great. All i'm getting is CD mode.

OP
N

narutokuro

Update:

I'm using Win XP.
Should i leave the plugin on CDRom xxx or aspi?
When i use xxx i can get to the CD but
when i use aspi i get..."cannot read TOC".

help please!!!!!!!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Windows XP does not come with the ASPI drivers preinstalled, use the xxx plugin. The ASPI plugin is meant for Windows 9x users.