What's new

Majora's Mask Princess Cutscene Crash

mrgreen711

Hey all,
I'm trying to play Majora's Mask on Mupen64 for Mac (running OSX 10.4.11). After some initial bugginess, it seems to be running fine, except I cannot get past the first day's cycle because as soon as I receive the ocarina of time from the skull kid, the game crashes when Link is having his "memories of Princess Zelda". The screen just goes to black with some grayish "noise" on the screen. I have tried redownloading the rom from a different location, messing with just about every conceivable setting - I found ONE site that referenced this problem, which was an update for Glide64, but since I'm running it on a Mac, I can't download the program. I realize Mac Emulation is a bit of a gray area, but this seems to be a documented problem. I've played the game before, I'm just trying to replay it for nostalgia's sake.

SO after that lengthy description I'm wondering does anyone know of a way around this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-Mr. Green

Last edited:

Burnout3

I've just got the emulator Mupen64 for Mac, and I've had the same problem as you. During the memories of Princess Zelda, the screen went to vertical black lines on gray and I heard an ocarina coming from my computer. If you press the "z" button on the keyboard, you are able to get past the dialogue. If you hear a honk from the computer press the "z" button once and get ready to play the ocarina. These are the controls to play the ocarina in the messed up screen: "hold fn down while pressing the down arrow key once". Next press the "x" button once. Then finally "hold down the fn key down while pressing down the left arrow key". This should help you get past that if you're still looking for an answer.

There are other keys used for the ocarina. Here's a list of all of them. Basically these 4 except the "z" button are all the c button controls for the n64.

fn+ right arrow key= down c button
fn + down arrow key= right c button
fn + left arrow key = up c button (this is also used for tips from tatl)
either fn+ delete or delete by itself = left c button ( you need this for second song you learn. Extremely hard to find on your own)
z= "a" button

F

Fanatic 64

I doubt he's still looking for an answer seeing how he asked this over 4 years ago.