What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Crossfire?

Kazangwa

I know this may have little to do with high resolution texture projects, but I feel retextured games require higher end video cards more than just emulating games.

So I just purchased a second HD Radeon 4670 with 1 gb of video ram and now I am running them in ATI CrossFire. Is there any reason why this could potentially slow down games? I haven't tested enough to tell if this is actually affecting performance, but I'm curious as to whether or not it's possible on Project 64 1.6? And maybe they are working on adding better CrossFire/SLI support in 1.7?

Here are my specs just in case someone is interested
Antec 900 Gaming Case
Corsair Dominator Triple Channel Memory 6 GB
SeaGate Barracuda 640GB Serial ATA HDD
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem Processor
2xSapphire ATI Radeon HD 4670 1 GB
ASUS P6T Deluxe
600W PSU

superdoughboy4

I think the performance gain ceiling is pretty low. It doesn't take a super high-end, or even a very high performance PC, such as yours, to run these high-res textures.
Unless you want faster FPS with the limiter off, I don't think even running 2 4670s in Crossfire will affect performance much, other than keeping a steady consistent frame rate.

Terranigma

You could say a 4670 is overkill to the max. Did you know that before, I was using a Geforce 2 MX to run high-res texture packs at 640 x 480 with good results? There was the occasional frame rate problems, but it was VERY playable.

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
my 2006 computer with a 2007 hard drive runs it pretty well.

Dell Inspiron I6400
Genuine Intel
T2050 @ 1.60GHz, .99 GB of RAM
Physical Address Ext.

and it's on a Portable Laptop.

OP
Kazangwa

Kazangwa

Another problem i've had is compatibility with Glide64. I tried to switch so I could use the Lens of Truth and Djipi's Celda pack simultaneously, but whenever I try to load the hi-res textures with Glide 64 Napalm selected, Project 64 crashes. Is this something to do with Windows 7? Or could it be my video card?