What's new

Alternative Video Plugins

HylianEagle

I know these questions have been posted in many places everywhere on the forums but I can't seem to find a definitive answer to any of them.

1. I have Vista SP2 and whenever I try to run Aristotle's Rice Video Plugin 6.1.8, PJ64 crashes when starting the game. Are there any fixes for this?

2. The only working Rice Video I have is 6.1.4 which, works but not well. Whenever I enter or exit to a new area in Ocarina of Time there are oddly colored lines along the bottom and right edges of my screen. Are there any options I can change to fix this.

3. Finally, the only video plugin (other than Jabo's which can't load hires textures) that works right for me is Glide 64 napalm 1.22, but when I go full screen, the game does not fill the whole screen when at my native resolution (1280x800). Is there anyway to stretch the game?

Thanks for the help and here are my video specs if needed:

Video: Nvidia Geforce Go 6100 with Native Resolution of 1280x800
VRAM: 128MB

If anything I would prefer the widescreen for Glide because it works the best but thanks for the help anyway.

Last edited:
OP
H

HylianEagle

Sorry, I just read the rules, I didn't realize I'm not supposed to put plugin questions here. Can a Moderator move this thread or something? Sorry.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
1. Use Glide64.
2. Do you use DirectX or OpenGL rendering? Anyway, use Glide64.
3. What resolution did you set the plugin fullscreen resolution vs. the wrapper resolution?

OP
H

HylianEagle

Thanks, I thought Glide 64 would be the best. I use the wrapper that came with napalm which I think is Glitch64. Are there any others that add features?

As for resolution I use 1280x800 when full which only runs at 4:3 ratio on my widescreen monitor. If I use 1024x768 it fills the screen it just isn't as sharp. Video has started to become slow though now and sometimes all but a certain corner is cut off?

Anyway to fix this issues and/or download an actively updated wrapper other than Glitch?

Thanks

By the way: Jabo's works the best for me obviously but I liked a lot of the hires textures.

Last edited:
OP
H

HylianEagle

Actually I just found that I use the Hacktarux's Wrapper by searching the Glide 64 faq. I'm gonna try zenhesack's wrapper now and see what happens. (Sorry if I misspelled these names are complicated).

Thommo

Dunno mate but I'm in the same boat lol, I want to run Goldeneye and Perfect Dark in HD resolution BUT anything other than 4.3 aspect resolution causes black boarders with that plugin on either side of the screen and all I want is for the image to stretch to full screen like the other plugins do! Also it seems that all but certain particular resolutions wether 4.3 or not cause some boardering - in fact the only resolution I've seen so far on even on 4.3 aspect to be totally full screen (therefore working properly) is 1024x768.....

I would use Glide64 but want to be using the Napalm for Perfect Dark at least so that I get the extra lighting effects....I realise I can't have everything but I can't shake the feeling that this is a kind of major oversight or a really sucky purposeful omission.

acquadiice

Question to all the pros:

i am running a dual screen system, any way to split up the rom and have them running on independent screens or run two roms off a single computer and give them each a dedicated screen?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Split the ROM? Not in the way you are imagining it.

While you can run two instances of Project64 on the same computer (and can run different games in those instances), only one of them can be active at any given time. Plugins fall into this same limitation, as you can't assign different keys, and only one emulator instance can accept input at any given time.