What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda: OoT - High res questions

Mkilbride

I want to finally beat it. I've tired three different times, getting to various points in the story, and could just NOT finis hit, despite for some reason I really love htis game. I feel like it's one I have to finish...

So I saw the high res pack, the 0.21 version, it's on this strategy wiki place I went to and it made the game look LOADS better, but I saw it was STILL in development and linked me to the thread for it. The thread hasn't been chatted in for 6-7 months and I don't see a newer version.

I saw another topic about a community high res texture pack for it or whatever, not sure what that's all about...

Can anyone recommend me the best high res / replacement pack to use for OoT? I figure if I'm going to go through it, it might as well get the best experience.

Thank you.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
This has nothing to do with Project64. In any case, I hear that Djipi's Final Cell mod is pretty sweet.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mkilbride

Sorry, I was looking where to post and couldn't find the exact section. I thought maybe 1964's high res section, but it didn't have any normal discussion topics really like this. I figured I'd just ask other players, using the emu I use, you know?

I'm not really a fan of Cel-shading or the art style he chose, I like OoT's dark feeling to it, but with a hint of hope, which Cel shading changes.

Fed's pack at 0.21 seems to be the best version I've seen, screenshot wise and I tried them ingame, looked sweet, but I imagine if it's only @ 0.21, it's very incomplete, and as such, later on it wouldn't have anything in other places.

cerebus5

There are a few options for this. Federelli did a complete pack which was excellent, textures are basically just upgraded from the original. The community pack is quite far along by now but still missing a lot of areas. And someone else compiled a sort of melange of various bits of work into one complete pack which is great but a bit patchwork. Which one do you want? The community pack is on the front page here, you can just download from Mode7 the latest version.

OP
M

Mkilbride

Yeah, I wish Fed's was finished or so, as the ones done so far are amazingly great, and keep the same Zelda feel, but still enhance the graphics. The Community re-texture just seems to remove Zelda from it's roots, imo.

Sebaslegrand

Re-Texturizer Newbie
Then make your own texture pack and stop whining about it.

Exactly, stop whining and take what's given, do you even know how long this is? The Cel Shading project took 5 years! It's insane and it's huge piles of work...
You should be grateful for what you get... :plain:

OP
M

Mkilbride

Wow guys. Thanks for being pricks. I wasn't whining at all. All I said was "I wish"

Why must all modding communities have pricks who say "If you don't like it, do it yourself" response, to someone who is just saying it'd be nice, and then telling them they're whining.

Thanks for your help, but I could do without the kid-like attitude.

cerebus5

You expect the modders to devote their energy to pursue your personal vision of how a OoT texture pack should look and you complain because none of the many packs that have already had countless hours devoted to them don't come up to your own standard, but you won't put the time and effort needed to learn how to retexture it yourself.

Toasty

Sony battery
The OP has made it clear he's not demanding anything; he's just asking if there are any completed packs that are styled like the original OoT, and fantasizing that a completed Federelli pack would be neat. Why don't we all have root beer floats and be happy?

death--droid

If you don't like the style of the Textures packs out there make one your own or get your own team to work on it.
People spend lots of time on these texture packs because of their own wants not someone elses if you want someone to follow your idea to the book you either have to pay them or find someone who thinks that is a awesome idea and will do it for free.

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
pry not, it's just fanboys and their brainwashed inginuity. but then again a root beer float does sound good right now.

X-Fi6

Back on topic now?

I tried Federelli's/Xenobond's hi-res pack once before they took it down but to be honest it wasn't all that great. It used very typical textures that obviously looked Googled and other textures that obviously looked homemade with too many cheap Photoshop filters and effects.

Djipi's is great but the point of it is to change the style of the game from its original OoT theme to a cel-shaded theme like TWW, which is not what I'm looking for.

The community project is what you should be aiming for, OP. But like you said, it's nowhere near done, so I guess just keep an eye on it.

OP
M

Mkilbride

So I guess I'll put my replay on hold for awhile and wait for the community pack to finish. Damnit. :p

Thanks.