What's new

PJ64 Unofficial RDB v4.23 by Nekokabu & MASA

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
yeah, theres a Core bug going on there it seems.

you need a compile of 1.6 from deathdroids googlecode project
the 1.6.1 plugins (and an alchemy compatible sound card)
or
Jabo D3D8 1.6.1 + Zilmar Audio plugin (alchemy not required)

theres a major bug in some aspect of the emulator that screws it all up. :\

http://www.mediafire.com/?7486kadcum4ydyz

Last edited:

Moustache_Bash

I'm a real boob when it comes to computer stuff......how do I take advantage of these updated RDBs? I've been playing Ocarina of Time, and ran into the Lost Woods glitch and a link led me here. Also, what exactly is an RDB? And finally all the RDB files in the first post, is that a compilation of all the updates throughout the thread?

Thanks for any responses. Also, thanks to any and all of you who put in time and effort so that I can play these games.

EDIT: I just noticed how old the last post is, sorry for bumping an old thread...

Moustache_Bash

Sorry, I still don't quite understand. I opened up the zip file, and tried dragging the project64.rdb file into the window that immediately opens when Project64 is opened. Like, the window that allows you to load ROMs. It won't let me do that, though, which leads me to believe I'm doing it wrong.....

SubDrag

Sorry, I still don't quite understand. I opened up the zip file, and tried dragging the project64.rdb file into the window that immediately opens when Project64 is opened. Like, the window that allows you to load ROMs. It won't let me do that, though, which leads me to believe I'm doing it wrong.....

Not while running, overwrite the file in the pj64 folder.

Nocta

Hi guys, I'm a new user of PJ64 and I'd like to know what this Unofficial RDB is doing and which version of PJ64 should I use with it?
Sorry for the newb question but I'm really not sure about the use of this side-project.

Hey people, I'm thinking of uploading a RDB file that sets all counter factors to 1 and has special settings for Perfect Dark to make it run smoother and crash less. Think I should?
I'd love to play all the games with a better framerate than on the original hardware so for me it will clearly be amazing to have that.

Thanks.
Nocta

Nickelbawker

I thought RDB fixed the pause screen - Zelda? USA Master Quest is what I tested on. Project 64 1.6.1 ... New open source PJ 2.1 or what ever crashes everytime I change a setting so gave up on it.

TCRanch

what is a "rdb" and should I have it for PJ64 2.0? will it make my games run smoother? sorry, newb here so I probably need the explanation in laymans terms.

Iconoclast

Well, I'm not involved with the RDB in any way.
I'm not even that observing of changes or facilities between Project64 1.6 vs. 2.1.

But buried deep beneath the Open Discussion forum over there is a thread dsx made with all these VI/AI timing improvements and other settings optimized for RDB.

So, if you are set on using the 2.1 version, grab RDB and CHM (FAQ/manual) from:
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=4647

/K/ockbag

Anyone got updated links? I got a 403 on neko's site and the mirror is down.

Edit: Nevermind, I just had to try it again in the daytime.

Last edited: