What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Working on the community OOT project, small artefacts in high-res textures

initech

I decided to attempt a high-resolution OOT HUD for the community Zelda project, but I have a couple of questions:

• Small artefacts are occuring in my high-res textures when in-game. It's hardly noticeable but I want to figure out how to fix it (see below picture)
  • What resolution factor is the community project using? For the HUD, I'm using 4x original resolution, but will change if that's not correct.
  • Does anyone have a detailed list of what is already done? I am about to try out the kokiri sword icon, but I think someone may have done it already.
  • What do you think of my work so far? I've only done the heart meter and the buttons, not including the arrows within the C-buttons. I am trying to match the original as close as possible, as mode7 is doing.

Artefacts:
a46grk.jpg

First attempt at high-res HUD:
2hgslme.jpg

Edit: Just found the list here - looks like the HUD is already partially completed. I will still continue with mine just to see how it turns out when sticking to the original style.

Last edited:
OP
I

initech

Do you mean in terms of resizing the screenshot? Because that was nearest-neighbor resampling.

I noticed these artefacts in mode7's HUD pack too. Load OOT with the high-res pack and look closely around the edges of the hearts - especially the "pulsing" half heart. You can see the artefacts in-game.

H

h4tred

Does this occur on other plugins that support high resolution retexturing?

OP
I

initech

Yes, but it's much more subtle. The picture in my first post was on 1964 + Rice 6.1.4.

Unfortunately I couldn't get Glide64 running on 1964, but this is PJ64 + Glide64:
28rmvdv.jpg