What's new

Graphics help....

dark0angel

I'm using Project 64 Version 1.6
when I play some games....some graphics will show up like boxes....here are some examples...

Spoiler:
2884cr9.jpg

and

Spoiler:
2882yie.jpg

Those boxes are so annoying to see!
How can I correct them? or just remove them? plz help me guyz.... :crybaby:crybaby:crybaby:crybaby:

btw sorry for my ignorance...newbie here.... :(:(

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
My somewhat educated guess is that either your video card drivers are damaged, or you have a very poor graphics card (an integrated intel chip or a very old, unsupported graphics card).

Try Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin.

So, what kind of graphics hardware do you have?

Agozer

Graphics hardware being a device inside your computer that is responsible for producing a picture on-screen; these days graphics hardware refers to either a graphics card or an integrated graphics chip places on the computers motherboard. Without one you'd see nothing on-screen.

Before you go and try to find what kind of graphics hardware you have, I suggest that you switch the active graphics plugin to Jabo's Direct3D6 and try the game again (Options --> Settings --> Plugins).

If you want to know all kinds of information about your computer, click Start --> Run, type in "dxdiag" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Check the System (general computer information) and Display (information about the graphics card/chip installed in your computer) tabs.

OP
D

dark0angel

I have these plug-ins....

Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6
and
Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2

Where can i get the Jabo's Direct3D6?

and here's what i find in the "dxdiag"

System tab:
Processor: Intel Celeron, ~790Mhz
Memory: 510MB RAM
Page File: 414MB used, 834MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Display tab:
Device:
Chip Type: Intel(R) 82810
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 32.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (16 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: hp pavilion mx70

i just listed above what i think is important.....and i didn't include there the ones in the "Drivers" box...do i have to include it?
and the things listed above is compatible with Project 64?

sorry for many question... :wallbash::wallbash:

Agozer

No, you don't have to include the details in the Drivers box.

Like I guessed, your problem stems from the Integrated Intel chip, that is denoted by the "Chip Type" field. Intel's chips are known to perform very poorly in both PC games and in emulation, so with this in mind the kind of graphical errors you get in not surprising.

Basically, the default graphics plugin that Project64 uses is too advanced for integrated Intel graphics chip and the chips lack the necessary features to work properly with the plugin.

Where can i get the Jabo's Direct3D6?
You already answered your question in your own post (read lines 1-5 in your post), and Jabo's Direct43D6 is bundled with Project64.

OP
D

dark0angel

oh sorry....I'm an idiot....but i try that plug-ins but it still gives the same result...
but i find this.... Click Here

then i go to here... Zelda
it says its a Texture Pack....
is it compatible woth my pc?

Agozer

You can do anything with texture packs if your graphics chip cannot even handle "regular" N64 graphics properly. having said that, texture packs need a graphics plugin that supports texture packs. Neither Jabo's Direct3D8 plugin nor Direct3D6 plugin have texture pack support.

OP
D

dark0angel

so what plugins supports texture packs?
can you give me the download links?
and what texture pack for Legend Of Zelda OoT are the best?

Agozer

Rice's Video plugin and Glide64 support texture packs. Eiher Google or search the board.

I don't really tinker with texture packs myself, so I don't really know what are considered "the best". I do know that most of the packs aren't finished.

OP
D

dark0angel

i use the rice plug-in...but it doesn't work....it just appear a blue patch....
when i used the Glide64 the Project64 would just close itself.....saying "This Application has encountered some problem."
So, I deleted my texture pack in my plug-ins folder...

OP
D

dark0angel

wait a downloaded Jabo's Direct3D6 1.30 and everything seems to be perfect for me......except for this glitch.....
10zxw6s.jpg

look the box is not in place....
how can i fix this?
here's the Graphic Configuration that I'm using...
33m7ndh.jpg

do i have to change that?

and i also get this....this is caught in the Deku Tree level....
sbh5z6.jpg

it's so freaking annoying to see...

Last edited:

Agozer

Missing textures mean that your graphics chip is not good enough to handle even Jabo's Direct3D6. As a last option, you should update the Intel chip's drivers, but I doubt that will help.

In short, without a decent video card, you won't get satisfying results from N64 emulation.

Pyromanik

I could also suggest trying glN64. It seems very flexible.
But I wouldn't hold your breath.

As for the glide crash, you need to have the glide DLL (glide3x.dll if I remember correctly) present in the emulator's root directory for it to work (base folder, where the .exe file is. NOT in the plugins folder).

OP
D

dark0angel

for Agozer:
Sorry i don't know how to change my video card...I'm just a kid....a think i have to stuck up with this problems....

for Pyromanik:
can you give me the links?