What's new

How many NES games/roms exist?

ChAoS Overlord

Hi guys, I was wondering, how many NES roms & games actually exist, some guy I know says he has all of them (4352). Is 4352 the real total of existing roms?

Adult Link

The Hero of Time
I think I know.

I think so if you mean all the (U) NES games/roms. 'Cause all the (U) and (J) and other types NES games/roms together are over 8000 NES games/roms :p. To be exact I think there are 8357 games/roms 'cause I used GoodWindows to see how many NES games/roms there are :).

Last edited:
OP
C

ChAoS Overlord

This is what NEShave.txt contains

You have 4352 of 8357 known Nintendo Famicom/NES (1.00) ROMS

This is what NESmiss.txt contains

You are missing 0 of 4352 known Nintendo Famicom/NES (1.00) ROMS (4005 excluded)

I don't get it? :!!!:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Yeah, I don't get it, either.

Anyway, according to romland's NES list:

Total # of Files: 4,352
Total Size of Collection: 464,017,567

flow``

flow``
****** excludes the bad and hacked dumps from their collection..

and rom linking, or speaking of places to get roms, will not be tolerated.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
I didn't mention an address or anything. I didn't even hint at an address. So it's even against the rules to mention the NAME of a place? Geez...

i would have to say any of those numbers are inacurate, theres tons of new roms coming out every day, i dont believe we can truely mesure the exact number of roms.

Quvack

The 'new junk' they create is known as Public Domain roms usually, they also help to keep a system like the nes alive in ways.

I'm sure there are still a heap of bootleg games that havent been dumped so you can use them under emulators, and a lot of them never will be, which is sad because the carts dont last for ever :(