What's new

Sumoto N64/PS2 USB Adapter Help

joe531

Hey there,

Bought myself one of these adapters to use with my N64 controller. It didn't work at all, rather it made the controller act like it was having a seizure. Apparently it thought I was pushing buttons and moving the stick like a maniac, when I wasn't pushing anything.

So I read around that plugging in a PS2 controller solves this problem. I did just that, and now I'm down to just 'slight' movement of the stick and just two or three buttons being phantom pushed, instead of all of em.

While the PS2 controller works fine, it's still being pretty stupid with the N64 controller. I bought this because I read somewhere (an online store selling this, forgot which one) that said the gray controller was compatible with it. I guess mine isn't.

So... does anyone know a special secret that could make this thing work right? Or am I just s.o.l.? I really wanted to use my nintendy controller with project64. I'm sorry, but while the PS2 controller may be a superior controller, it just doesn't feel right moving Link or Mario with Crash Bandicoot's controller. Heh.

Allnatural

No secret. Whether those adapters work or not seems to be a total crapshoot. In your case, another controller may work...or it may not. I've seen some that would behave as you've described with some controllers (grey one's, incidentally) and work fine with others.

OP
J

joe531

Ohh. Well that sucks haha. I really don't feel like wasting more money on a controller that may or may not work. Maybe in the future but not now.

Thanks for the reply!