What's new

Aristotle/Mudlord...Help! file not found errors for your plugin's...

the b man

I am running Project64 1.6 in Windows XP, Directx 9.0c, and im getting several errors when trying to load both the normal and Mudlord versions of the Rice plugin. Im using the Mudlord 6.1.4 download that also comes with the standard Rice plugin 6.1.3.1. I ran the installer and installed to the Project64 directory, was I supposed to select the actual plugin directory? Because the installer says to just select the folder your emulator is in and that it will install the proper files in the plugin subdirectory... Anyways, when I go to settings in Project64, before the menu even pops up I get 4 error messages, first one says "application has failed to start because MSVCP71.dll was not found. Re-installing the app. may fix this problem", I hit ok and error 2 pops up, saying failed to load plugin: Project64\plugin\ricevideo.dll. 3rd error, "application has failed to start because d3dx9_34.dll was not found. Re-installing the app. may fix this problem", 4th error, failed to load plugin: Project64\Plugin\RiceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll. And then the settings menu finally pops up and neither plugin is selectable. Why is this? Why wont either plugin load?

I want to note that I tried using this exact same plugin on my ex girlfriends computer which has Vista, I used the exact same Project64 program, EXACT same because I run the program from a Western Digital USB Hard Drive, and the Mudlord plugin loads on her computer, but not the other one, and I get 2 errors on hers instead of the 4 on mine. Please, if someone could tell me what can get it working on my XP equipped computer that would be wonderful. Hoping Aristotle or Mudlord will chime in...

I want to note that I tried "reinstalling" the plugin's several times on both computers and it hasnt helped at all. That 3rd error message sounds like a directx file to me... could it be a directx file its not finding? I just dont understand why a newer version of directx wouldnt work... I have directx 9.0c...am I going to have to downgrade my directx version or something?? Is this even possible, or safe for my computer? Like I said before, the mudlord plugin worked on my ex girlfriends Vista computer, but neither work on mine. I just read a post in the main rice video thread that someone else is having a similar problem. I am really hoping someone can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
First: please do not doublepost, editing your post is the way to go.
Next download the newest DirectX End-User Runtimes (March 2009), Microsoft is updating it every 2 months, you probably have an old installation. And yoeh, you can just install it over the existing setup. The last thing is MSVCP71.dll, it's part of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package, just download and install it and all should be fine.
SO you see, you don't need mudlord or any other author, just some normal members can fix your problem.