What's new

Mario Party 7 Issues (Could Be User Error)

adrian2055

Hi,

I read on the main dolphin site that Mario Party 7 was fully playable. Well, It doesn't work on my system and I want to get it running if possible. It goes to a white screen when I try to play it. I'm using SWN Revision 2195 32-Bit Version. I know it's and older release, but no other version works for me. Here's some pics to try to provide as much information as possible.

Dolphin config:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HCPZJCVF

In-Game pics:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YKQ71XYU

(Attachments isn't working for me)

Here's My PC Specs:

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition SP1 64-Bit Version
2.00 GHz AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Dual-Core Processor
1MB L2 Cache
4 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8200M (Up to 895MB Video Memory)
250GB Hard Drive (5400RPM)
SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
15.6" Diagonal High Definition HP BrightView Display (1366x768)
56k modem
Integrated 10/100 Ethernet LAN
802.11b/g WLAN
5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader

Any idea as to what the problem is?

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
OK I don't actually do GameCube myself, but your message title hit my funny bone so here I am.

As many will say first, Did you Google the answer first? I did and found a Youtube user running this under Dolphin, not sure if it's the 32 or 64 bit, but it appears to work for the most part. So I do presume the game is somewhat compatible at this point. They note this on the video comments

"CHANGE THE PLUGIN TO DOLPHIN DX9 to see the board graphics.

Same as MP6. Menus and minigames perfect, but on board white screen, but the game keeps playing.

Rev. 1597"

The plugin change may relate to your issue since you are trying to use the OpenGL plugin? but that's best answered by someone else who actually plays with this emulator. Not sure why you get those startup errors either, though in most cases it's simply a path issue.

Now on a personal note, I would suggest an easier place for us to get screenshots. I think you can post them here maybe? Megaupload isn't very user friendly when you don't have an account. So not only having to plug in each captcha image (anyone else notice these new ones are hard as heck to read imo) for each file you uploaded but then having a delay wait as well kinda sucks.

OP
A

adrian2055

OK I don't actually do GameCube myself, but your message title hit my funny bone so here I am.

As many will say first, Did you Google the answer first? I did and found a Youtube user running this under Dolphin, not sure if it's the 32 or 64 bit, but it appears to work for the most part. So I do presume the game is somewhat compatible at this point. They note this on the video comments

"CHANGE THE PLUGIN TO DOLPHIN DX9 to see the board graphics.

Same as MP6. Menus and minigames perfect, but on board white screen, but the game keeps playing.

Rev. 1597"

The plugin change may relate to your issue since you are trying to use the OpenGL plugin? but that's best answered by someone else who actually plays with this emulator. Not sure why you get those startup errors either, though in most cases it's simply a path issue.

Now on a personal note, I would suggest an easier place for us to get screenshots. I think you can post them here maybe? Megaupload isn't very user friendly when you don't have an account. So not only having to plug in each captcha image (anyone else notice these new ones are hard as heck to read imo) for each file you uploaded but then having a delay wait as well kinda sucks.

LOL! Glad you liked the title and thanks for the response. Hmmmm....didn't think to look at youtube. I just searched yahoo and went to a few forums that popped up. I will have to try and make the plugins work. I only have the OpenGL plugin in my list. The ddl file is in the plugins folder, but the emulator doesn't read it. It does this on my computer that has xp too.

As for the screenshots, sorry bout that. I debated about using megaupload. I was gonna use rapidshare, but I changed my mind at the last second. I hate the delay too, but I thought It would be shorter than rapidshare. I don't know why I can just attach the images like I used to.

Last edited: