What's new

voodoo's and tv-outs question

sk8bloke22

roll for life
ok i got a nifty check of £22 today, so im gonna spend it on either a new game for my ps2, a new controller for my ps2, or a voodoo2/3 . now one question, can u get voodoo2 or 3's with a tv-out, as that would actually be a real benefit of getting another gfx card? oh and one more question, do voodoo 3's work as a secondary card, eg. using my gf2 gts as my primary, or is that only the voodoo2's as they're dedicated 3d-only cards ?

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i wanna play with glide...im not replacing my geforce - my gts is staying as my primary card, i just thought there no harm in getting a voodoo2 to experiment in glide, try out glide64, etc. i dunno it was just a thought.

Slougi

AFAIK Cannopus did make v2 cards w/tv-out. They had excellent visual quality but are quite rare now, and expensive. Most voodoo2 cards did not have tv-out.

Josep

eyerun4phun
yea they DIDN'T! hehe, i have one and it does not have tv-out;) BTW i don't use it anymore if you guys were wondering;)

Slougi

I am quite sure some manufacturer did make them with tv-out. Sure your card is cannopus? might have been someone else as well.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
Slougi said:
AFAIK Cannopus did make v2 cards w/tv-out. They had excellent visual quality but are quite rare now, and expensive. Most voodoo2 cards did not have tv-out.

yup, i doubt ill be able to get my mits on one of these:

"TV-out Feature

Not all test boards have TV out, and it may be that you don’t even need this feature. However, if you’ve got the chance playing your games on a large TV monitor screen, you will certainly enjoy it. Cards that are equipped with TV-out are the Canopus Pure3D 2, the Hercules Stingray 2/TV, the Miro Hiscore² and all Quantum3D cards" <-- from Tom's Hardware