What's new

I need some plugin help

Blueharv3st

I downloaded Project64 v.1.6 today, and after downloading Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time, I can't play either of them. When starting the emulator, it tells me that my video, audio, RSP and input plugins are all missing/invalid, and then it brings me to the plugin window, and all of them are blank. Now, I've checked this site, read the stickies, but I can't seem to find where I can get some of these plugins.

This computer is pretty old (I've had to use this one since my good one exploded), but it should be able to run this emulator I would think. For what it's worth I can post the specs.

Intel Celeron 1.8 ghz
A dysmal 256 mb of memory
I can't tell you about the graphics card, because, quite frankly, I can't find the specs for it on this computer.

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I've looked through here and honestly couldn't find an answer.

Edit: What can I do with the plugin folder? After looking through it I found all of the necessary plugin files, but I don't know if I should mess around with it. I thought it would just work right off the bat, but all of the windows in the settings window are still blank.

Last edited:

Pyromanik

dxdiag will tell you the specs of your graphics hardware (start>run>dxdiag).
Can you select any of the plugins from the plugin selection window? Or is the list blank?

You could try alternative plugins. All you need to do is put the DLL into the plugin folder, and you should be able to select them from the plugin selection window.

Perhaps try some older ones. They may be a bit more compatible with your limited hardware.

You may of course have some corrupted files. Where did you download the emulator from?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
1. Search the board. You aren't the first one to ask this
2. Run dxdiag and check the Display tab. That should tell you enough about your graphics hardware.
3. Updating your graphics card drivers and/or DirectX just in case is a good way to start.

OP
B

Blueharv3st

Well, to start, the vid card is an Intel 82845G Graphics Controller with 64mb of memory, so it's as bad as I thought it would be.

Regardless, I downloaded the emulator somewhere probably not as good as the main site.

Yes, every plugin window is blank. I'll try to find some sound and video drivers, just in case it helps.

I'll search through the topics for some more plugins, so I hope that helps. I used a different emulator (1964) and it started up, but everything was choppy and the sound chippy, but only on OoT.

Last edited:

Agozer

Intel's chips are notoriously bad for anything involving emulating consoles that push 3D graphics. If you get the error message to go away, pretty much your only option is to use Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin. gl64 maybe, too.

P.S. I'd refrain from posting romsites if I were you. Keeps you out of banland. Also, you should really download your emulators from official homepages, if possible.

OP
B

Blueharv3st

Wow. I took your advice, Agozer, and I got the emulator from the official site. Re-installed, selected repair, and now OoT runs very smooth with no problems so far! Granted I've only been playing for 2 minutes, though. Sorry for being such a tard in this topic. All of this could have been avoided had I gone to the official site. Here's to (hopefully) no future problems! Thanks a bunch.

bror

Agozer can you help me with my plugin problems. i need specific instructions like where to go and how to put plugins in the blank thing just like blueharv1st had problems with.

Agozer

Agozer can you help me with my plugin problems. i need specific instructions like where to go and how to put plugins in the blank thing just like blueharv1st had problems with.
The plugins are already present in the emulator (if you downloaded the Project64 package from the official site), so there should be. no need to put plugins anywhere. See replies #3 and #7.

also, it probably doesn't hurt just uninstall Project64 and then reinstalling it.