What's new

WWF No Mercy issue

vincentm470

Okay my problem with WWF No Mercy is that the words dont show up when people talk during the championship mode. I downloaded Glide64 plugins and now it shows up but its running super slow at only 40 fps. Any ideas on how to make it run faster???

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What kind of graphics hardware do you have? Because it sounds like you either have something made by Intel, your graphics card's drivers are poor, or you have a very old video card.

OP
V

vincentm470

Man i have no idea, i probably do have an old card. But anyway, where do i find out what kind of hardware i have??

Agozer

Go to Start --> Run, type "dxdiag" without the quotes and run it. Check the Display tab in the application that runs.

OP
V

vincentm470

Do you need to know whats under device or drivers? And also, i have Rice's plugin and it works but it still runs slow when 4 people are in the ring.

Agozer

Device is what tells you the name and other basic info about your Display hardware. "Drivers" tells you information about its installed drivers.

OP
V

vincentm470

Alright, thanks alot man. By the way, is my graphics card any good or is it kinda old? And also, where can I find plugins besides Rice's or Glide64?

Agozer

Actually, you don't have a graphics card at all, just an integrated graphics chip. Intel's chips were never meant for serious gaming (let alone emulating consoles that push 3D graphics), so they lacks several features that have been in graphics cards for years - hence why you'll run into various problems when you run emulators.

Check zophar.net, although most other plugins aren't worth your time, having been discontinued ages ago. Most of them are worse than Jabo's plugins, Glide64 or Rice's and probably won't work properly when use with Project64. You are free to try them if you want to, but don't expect them to be better.