What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

To all those lurkers here who wish to contribute!

Blazix

The high view count on all of these topics and low post count made me wonder... what are these people doing just reading these topics.
Many like me enjoy making texture packs but take much longer in progress time because we must sort out the textures ourselves.
Those not skilled in texture making (or those who just want to help) could sort out the textures dumped by a game into folders and post them here.
this would be an excellent help and might just speed up progress on a game you want to see re-textured!

Feel free to post them here.
(or people who want to post on how big of a help this would be feel free.)

party on!:afro:

or continue lurking... and I will find you :gunman:

G2K

I was just about to make a thread asking this. I've been dumping textures manually, and alot just aren't being dumped, even though the others around them are. Specifically, the power bar from SM64, as well as the ? on the side of the cannons.

cerebus5

Hm I could possibly help with that, but I have no idea how to go about doing it. A pointer would be helpful, and perhaps if someone wanted a specific area dumping.

Aagame

Hey guys. I'd love to help out. I learned about retexturing projects only recently. I've tried to dump some textures however I'm having some trouble. When I dump them they seem to be very jumbled and I can't make out what is what. Does it take a specific amount of time for Rice to dump the textures?

Anyway, I'd be happy to help sort things out when I have some free time.

mode7

It normally dumps the textures as you see them in game. So you could sort the textures by creation date.
Yes they mostly are jumbled and finding out which one is which is one part Blazix pointed out we could need help.

TIPP: If you have photoshop take all textures put them in the hires folder and let hires easer number and resize them. Then you can go ingame and note down ot take screens about which texture is which number.

OP
B

Blazix

Also a good way is to sort them into folders

example: the textures for Mario go in a folder named Mario or the textures for stage one go in a folder stage1 etc.

Aagame

Has anyone dumped Bomberman 64 textures? I'd like to try that game, however Glide64 doesn't work on my machine, even with a wrapper. When I boot Projec64 it just crashes. Not sure if it's because I'm running XP on my imac in a virtual machine or what.