What's new

Banjo Kazooie freezing every 20 seconds.. why?

xythil

Game runes flawlessly with full AA and max resolution... but freezes randomly every 20-30 seconds.. Anyone know whats wrong?

Mario 64, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Castlevania 64 all run flawlessly... no pauses... whats wrong with Banjo and how do i fix it?

This is on my laptop running a 9600 nVidia card

OP
X

xythil

how do i make sure the rom is good? what is a RDB and where do i get the lastest one?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
RDB, as in the ROM Database file that contains predefined ROM settings for each game. Search the board.

One way to make sure that your ROM is good is to look at the filename (if you haven't changed it). If it has a [!] in the end. The file you have is a confirmed good dump of the game. Another way (but not necessarily a fool proof method) is to look at the ROM Browser. If the entry for the game is green, you are most likely good to go. One more way is to get a ROM scanner such as GoodTools or RomCenter and a DAT file for Nintendo 64; the program scans your ROM and compares it to the information found in the DAT. If a match is found, the file you have can be considered good.

If none of these help, then it's something in the game itself that makes it bug out thanks to your hardware, background processes or something else. This doesn't explain why all the other games seem to run fine, though.

OP
X

xythil

1964 runs it terribly

cliping problems, the game is unplayable

Project 64 runs it FLAWLESSLY except for these FREAKING pauses every 30 seconds for NO damn reason

There has to be a way to fix this