What's new

Make A Portable PC Game Out Of An Rom

StreamNightmare

Well I have a little problem i made a portable project64 with an rom included and an .Exe File To start (compiled it from a batch file) but im missing something my question is how can i hide the project64 window to see only the game in fullscreen and no emulator and how can i close it with the escape button?
is that even possible?
please help me
S.Nightmare

oh and sorry for my writing style im german so there could be some typos (there definitely are typos)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Like with most Windows applications, you can't close Project64 with the Escape key.

Allnatural

Well what about hiding the project64 window to boot directly in fullscreen mode without any other things shown
There is an option to start in fullscreen, but the setting (like most) is stored in the registry, so it wouldn't work when you plug into another computer.

Vicious88

Harbringer of the 80s
Wait, wait, wait... Hold on... You're telling me you made a port of Project64 for use on a portable PC, right? Like a PalmPilot or something of that sort? And you're wanting to get it functioning properly? If that's the case, then you need to consider asking this question in the programming section, as that's where you'll get the most knowledgable help.

If I'm misreading your post and you're just stuck at how to use the windows...

For Refrence:

To Enter and Exit Full Screen: Alt + Enter
To End Most Any Program: Alt + F4

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Wait, wait, wait... Hold on... You're telling me you made a port of Project64 for use on a portable PC, right? Like a PalmPilot or something of that sort?
No. He wants Project64 to be able to put put on, say, a flash drive and start Project64 and a game quickly on another computer (without the usual installation routines) by simply running a custom batch file.

And no, PalmPilots and similar devices aren't powerful enough to emulate the N64, let alone run Windows applications.

dragonflame2239

Just install PJ64 on the flash drive, then when you put it in another computer, IF the computer can run it, you'll be able to run it without installing it on the computer. Then, if you want to further play it on that computer, just copy and paste the files. It's what I did to avoid installing it on my actual computer (so it's not in the Program Files).

cybergeekkid

just a question... what's the point? an emulator is an emulator, not part of a program that only plays one rom. that's a lot of extra space used up.

Phaze

Lurker
Project 64 said:
Where should saves go?

window.google_render_ad();When we started Project64 the operating system generally used was Windows98. We designed Project64 so that it would work in a self contained folder. We still use this design now; everything works from that one directory without needing an install. This also works great if you want to put the emulator onto a memory stick and run it from there...

?

Although, not sure about hiding the window. I'm certain that you could use command-line options, it'd be strange if P64 didn't have them.