What's new

"Obtaining" Majora's Mask

wolpelido

Hi, first of all I'm new here and I'm not 100% sure if this is the right forum for this, so if it's not I apologize.

I just recently stumbled across on these forums and I have now spent a couple of days reading up on various projects posted here (found some really interesting and cool stuff).

Now, what I'm wondering about MM is if anyone has tried playing around with the mask models of the game? If it is, would it be possible to say, take the model of a more or less useless mask (say Mask of Scents) and replace it with the model of the only mask in the game you cannot normally obtain, Majora's Mask?

It would of course serve no purpose whatsoever but wouldn't it be a pretty sweet if it could be equipped?

Thanks in advance for any replies. :)

MisterAnonym

I'm not entirely sure, if I understand what you want to do. If you want the useless mask to be replaced by Majoras Mask, I'm pretty sure this can be done by a couple of Gameshark Codes. I think it should even be possible to use the mask outside of boss battles. If you just want the mask symbol to appear in the menu (for whatever reason), this should also be doable.

OP
W

wolpelido

I'm not an expert but I'm not sure if it can be done in GS since I've never seen it be done by anyone on the Internet. It's not like you're ever supposed to wear it like one of the regular maskes so I think it would be more like taking a totally random thing from the game (like a clock) and make a mask out of it. And yes, I want to take the model of one mask and replace that model with the model of Majora's Mask.

MisterAnonym

Oh, I think I made a mistake, I thought Majoras Mask was the mask, that you get, when you have all of the them. You know, the one, which makes link to kind of a "über-link". The horror-kid (or how it is called) wears Majoras Mask, doesn't it? Well, I think you're right on that one. If it was never meant to be weared by Link it is pretty difficult to make a a code that does something like that. But not impossible. I think a simple model swap can be done, in order to let link look like he wears this one. Do you know if there are any model lists of MM anywhere?

OP
W

wolpelido

Ah okay, yes, exactly. :)

Majora's Mask is the evil mask that Skull Kid wears. The mask itself is a separate model from Skull Kid and is quite often seen detached from him. It would be pretty sweet IMO to be able to equip it for the heck of it even though it won't be able to actually do anything. The "All-Night" mask would probably be a pretty good candidate for a model swap since it does not affect anything in the game (other than helping you get a Heartpiece).

Nope I do not know of any model lists.