What's new

Zelda OoT pausing problem

cybergeekkid

I've tried it with OoT original, OoT MQ, PJ64, PJ64k, and two different computers.
I always end up with the same problem. Whenever I pause the game, there is a two second delay with just a blank screen before I can get to the menu. this also happens with different video plugins. is there anything I can do to fix it?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Use the "Subscreen Delay Fix" cheat.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that cheat doesn't exit in newer Project64 cheat files because it is redundant (The Subscreen delay was fixed in the newer RDB files by using "correct" ROM settings).

Allnatural

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that cheat doesn't exit in newer Project64 cheat files because it is redundant (The Subscreen delay was fixed in the newer RDB files by using "correct" ROM settings).
The cheat is still used. It's auto-loaded in the (newer) rdb.

dragonflame2239

I have that too, in OoT and MQ, however, if you un-select the "Limit FPS" from the System menu, it'll speed up the white screen as well, so I just deal with it that way instead of worrying about it.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Limit FPS is a Project64 feature, not a cheat. Press F4 and see what happens.

Allnatural

is it a gameshark code? if so, plz post it.
Put one of these under the appropriate heading in the rdb (just the bolded part, depending on which version rom you have):

(E)(V1.0)
Cheat0=801D860B 0002

(E)(1.1)
Cheat0=801D864B 0002

(U)(V1.0)
Cheat0=801DA5CB 0002

(U)(V1.1)
Cheat0=801DA78B 0002

(U)(V1.2)
Cheat0=801DAE8B 0002

OP
C

cybergeekkid

thanks, it works fine now.
btw, f4 just makes the frame limit go over the top, it doesn't actually fix the puse problem.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Put one of these under the appropriate heading in the rdb (just the bolded part, depending on which version rom you have):

(E)(V1.0)
Cheat0=801D860B 0002

(E)(1.1)
Cheat0=801D864B 0002

(U)(V1.0)
Cheat0=801DA5CB 0002

(U)(V1.1)
Cheat0=801DA78B 0002

(U)(V1.2)
Cheat0=801DAE8B 0002

mind making one for the (GC) (U) Version ;)

Couscous

mind making one for the (GC) (U) Version ;)

1.0 (and possibly 1.1) is the only version worth playing/owning the rom for since the rest are edited. The fire temple music was changed, blood was changed, text was changed, and on the GC version the mirror shield design and the one on the blocks you push was also changed. I just hope your aware of this stuff.