What's new

Huh... so what's goin on?

gokuss4

Meh...
Emutalk used to be so alive, it seems dead compared to what it used to be, not to mention N64 emulation seems to be on a long hiatus (1964 v1.0 is still in beta? might as well call it an alpha, and PJ64 1.7 as well? I know about the donation thing). Anyway, just coming on to say hi :). Though uhh... doubt some of you remember me.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
The hirez section reached it´s peak in mid 2005-2006. After that, things slowed down. Especially in 2008, things slowed down quite drastically. Djipi, Fed, Xeno, md, Molly, Amon Knives (Anybody remember him?) Contributed greatly, and made some awesome things (Some which sadly, were abandoned.) It is sad, because there is such potensial. Look at Banjo Kazooie on Live arcade, how great that looks. And all they did was to increase the resolution (Even higher then GTA IV, lol), fresh up the hud, and do some changes here and there. Nothing much, and it is still more fun then ever.

The other sections were more lively as well. PJ64, with the exiting times as version 1.6 was drawing close (Yes, 1.6). Actually, it caught us by surprise, and that forum was breathed new life into. Which went on for a while under the discussion of version 1.7, but have sadly been almost completely dead lately.

TOTT has some highlights now and then, but nothing much. The Dolphin section was alive and kicking for a while, but that has quieted down, even though there are updates made every single day on the emu itself.

A.I.

Banned
:evil: Bye, bye, Emutalk pie... Dropped the 64 in the Chevy but the levy was dry. Those good ol' boys were drinking whiskey n playing golden eye. Singing this will be the day i die. This is the day Emutalk will die! MU HA HA HA!!! :evil:

Last edited:

Phaze

Lurker
:evil: Bye, bye, Emutalk pie... Dropped the 64 in the Chevy but the levy was dry. Those good ol' boys were drinking whiskey n playing golden eye. Singing this will be the day i die. This is the day Emutalk will die! MU HA HA HA!!! :evil:
Considering the number of people who responded to a topic in the HiRes section, that seems unlikely. It'll seem dead, but it's really only comatose =]

A.I.

Banned
I know, emutalk isnt dead its just resting. Like SNEmulDS, the greatest emulator in the world and the biggest crime to humanity to leave undeveloped. What is SNEmulDS? Its a SNES emulator on the DS and I love it, playing all my games of the golden age of video games long past and yet so many cant be played or have flawed graphics. Its trully a tradegy on a global scale. Im going to cry now. *sob

Trotterwatch

I'm still here. Though it's sad that so many great people are no longer around:

VampireUK, Martin, LrdCheese and Dude for example

A shame as there were some great times had. At least Remote/Cyberman and a fair few decent years are still here :)

Cyberman

I'm still here. Though it's sad that so many great people are no longer around:

VampireUK, Martin, LrdCheese and Dude for example

A shame as there were some great times had. At least Remote/Cyberman and a fair few decent years are still here :)
Well things change constantly. I wonder what happened to Lord Cheese? He's not been around in ... If years were seconds then it would be hundreds of eons.

Vamp I know what happened to him, Dude is around on occasion.

Cyb

Maturion

Dreamcast-Fan
When I registered here 2 years ago, the forums were alive and kicking.

Now PJ64 and Dolphin have their own forums. Next-Gen emulation hasn't started yet and no updates are posted on the main page and N64 emulation has slowed down A LOT. Martin seems not being interested in Emulation64 anymore and many of the old crowd have now left the forums. And we don't get many newbies these days.

Man, it's a sad story.

Last edited:

Cyberman

Well the time for N64 emulation has changed immensely.
The only part of real work is improving the video appearances (see HR texpacks).

PS1 emulation kind of sluggish (years between releases).
I have this thing called a Job and other hobbies too. So it's kind of what thing demands my time I guess. :D

Cyb

smcd

Who's Seth? :p I've seen a few rare souls hit the boards recently. If only Martin were one of them! Doh!

Trotterwatch

Martin's still around at least, just not on this forum. Have tried contacting him on one of his other sites, but he doesn't allow PMs, and well I'm not gonna spam the forums.

VampireUK also seems to be somewhat active (at least viewing boards wise) at NVnews (have sent him a PM)

Sent Martin an email via Emutalk, doubt he'll get that, but thought I'd give it a go. Also have his proper email, but... think at that point it becomes stalkerish :D

I am reuniting the Emutalk team, lol

"Administrador you ....... Your Q.I. is -20 ok ? You dont understand anithing, c or visual basic and chanka"

Last edited: