What's new

Zelda OOT save crash HELP!!!

Kreistein

Hey guys,
This is the first post ive posted :b

anyway, i was sick this weekend, and kinda bored too. so i started playing zelda on the computer... Here about an hour ago, i was about to get to the shadow temple.
But right when i used the Quick Save button in Project 64, the game crashed that very second. i cant believe how UNFORTUNATE i was. Now when i try to restore the game, its still crashed. i only used that save slot throughout the game. Is there any way i can get the game back running without starting from the beginning?
Its not an error popping up, but a stalled game.
I hope you guys know what im talking about and that you can help me! :]

dragonflame2239

I'm actually really close to the shadow temple myself (currently at the water temple), I can upload a save state for you once I get there. I've gotten every heart piece/item so far, but the only thing is I cheated to get every skulltula, ONLY because I think it's the most annoying sidequest in all of Zelda history. Everything else was done legitimately. Would you still want it?

P.S.- Save States only work between 100% identical roms, so you must have the English version of OoT (not MQ, although I can make that work too). Not sure if this matters either, but if you don't have version 1.6 of PJ64, make sure you upgrade.

OP
K

Kreistein

that would be completely amazing!
the rom im using is Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.0) [!]
so its the same.
I would love that! :]
thank you thank you :)

dragonflame2239

Here you are, you are in the Temple of Time, with the default tunic, boots, and sword (Yes, you will have the Biggoron sword). I obtained all item upgrades, except one deku nut upgrade (You can only get it before you turn adult, and it was too late when I realized). You're also maxed out in items and rupees. I saved it right after the Water Temple. Enjoy.

http://media-convert.com/convert/?xid=15-bkzvwwsu

Edit: If your emulator doesn't recognize it, I'm pretty sure we don't have the exact same rom, so look for another, more than likely one that has "(U)" instead of "(E)".

Last edited:
OP
K

Kreistein

Thank you,
i had the biggoron sword too so everything is as it should be ;D
though i cant see your saved game?
did you post it right? or is it my browser thats messing up?

OP
K

Kreistein

AND IT WORKS!!!!
THANK YOU so much, you completely helped me out there.
now back to gaming ! :]

tomandjerry

Oh man...I'm in the same situation as Kreisten was.

My computer died after I finished the Water Temple and I was hoping to keep going on my new computer. Unfortunately, the link to the save state provided above doesn't work anymore. Does anyone still have the file? Or a save state after the Water Temple?

Thanks a ton!

Pyromanik

You should always use the standard in game save as well as a backup for when your quicksaves are bad, or go corrupt.
This is also the reason there are multiple save state slots...

By using the in game save at the very worst you just have to start from the last town as opposed to right where you were that very moment. Not really that big a deal, exactly as it would have been on the real N64.