What's new

Project 64 Vs 1964

Gruntykins

I have had Project 64 for a while now, and it has ran the only ROM i have fine (Starfox 64) But i have been looking into Perfect Dark and playing it as well. I noticed here ( http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=27820 ) that they suggest 1964 with some of the stuff from Project 64. Well, i guess i kind have gotten off topic, lol.

My real question is, which is better overall, project 64 or 1964? An what can i get to make either of them even better?

Sorry if this topic in in the wrong place or im not allowed to ask this. Thanks guys. :D

Toasty

Sony battery
Which is better, apples or oranges? Project64 works better in some areas while 1964 works better in others. Both are great emulators. In terms of speed, 1964 tends to be slightly faster, while, in my experience, PJ64 tends to be a little better at working right 'out of the box' with minimal configuration. Plugins are interchangeable between the two. Unless you have an older computer, or there's a game-specific issue where one emulator will do the job better than the other, it really comes down to user preference.

OP
G

Gruntykins

I kinda figured i would get an answer roughly like what you said, hehe. I guess i'll have both emulators, just in case one doesnt like a certain ROM but the other does.

Also, does 1964 have "online" play? Or did i read that perfect dark thread wrong?

Thanks. :)

X-Fi6

1964 is better when speed is an issue. PJ64 has the better compatibility with games and the better emulation accuracy with less bugs when you use the right plugins and use the latest community-controlled RDB which you can find here.