What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Help in retexturing/translating wave racer - shindou edition

Legend

You know what? :yawn: I'm getting bored, don't think i'm going to continue doing it... :unsure: .

You bastard! You totally had me!!:naughty:

I'll check it out tonite. Glad to hear its almost done. Have you tried Glide64 at all though...maybe it can help the hi-res issues?

Anyway, you rock and I can't wait to start using the rumble edition - I would gladly have rumble over some prettier menu text and stuff. I'm just glad there's still some people out there that can start AND finish a pack. :)

Last edited:
OP
Yogi

Yogi

You bastard! You totally had me!!:naughty:

I'll check it out tonite. Glad to hear its almost done. Have you tried Glide64 at all though...maybe it can help the hi-res issues?

Anyway, you rock and I can't wait to start using the rumble edition - I would gladly have rumble over some prettier menu text and stuff. I'm just glad there's still some people out there that can start AND finish a pack. :)

Shit!! It worked in glide 64!! Damn!! But i have done most of the text textures already!! :ph34r:

Btw, glide 64 works great for Rally Challenge 2000! The motion blur effects are there & the most amazing thing is, the frame buffer works excellent!! The reflection on the car windscreen is really cool!! :w00t:

Legend

Shit!! It worked in glide 64!! Damn!! But i have done most of the text textures already!! :ph34r:

Btw, glide 64 works great for Rally Challenge 2000! The motion blur effects are there & the most amazing thing is, the frame buffer works excellent!! The reflection on the car windscreen is really cool!! :w00t:

See, my sig doesn't lie. ;) Glide64 is awesome, especially when it comes to frame buffer support, much better in that department than anything else. Just in general, all your games will look better with G64.

Anyway, Glide64 should allow you to do whatever you need with your pack, so good luck there.

Is your pack named properly - its supposed to be "Wave Race 64 SE"? PJ64 says the rom (internal) name is just "WAVE RACE 64". But changing the name still doesn't work. Can't this thing to load...

Last edited:
OP
Yogi

Yogi

See, my sig doesn't lie. ;) Glide64 is awesome, especially when it comes to frame buffer support, much better in that department than anything else. Just in general, all your games will look better with G64.

Anyway, Glide64 should allow you to do whatever you need with your pack, so good luck there.

Is your pack named properly - its supposed to be "Wave Race 64 SE"? PJ64 says the rom (internal) name is just "WAVE RACE 64". But changing the name still doesn't work. Can't this thing to load...

My rom version is "Wave Race 64 Shindou Edition (J) (1.2)" :matrix:

Folder name is given by the plugin, i didn't change it.

OP
Yogi

Yogi

Yes. It works for G64, Mudlord & Rice's plugin when i tried.

Damn! Now it seems that G64 is not working for me anymore, P64 just hangs there.

Legend

Yes. It works for G64, Mudlord & Rice's plugin when i tried.

Damn! Now it seems that G64 is not working for me anymore, P64 just hangs there.

I have another WR64 pack and it will only load in shindou edition if its named: "WAVE RACE 64". So I'm pretty sure, at least for G64, it has to match the internal name - dont' know why Rice's spit out the "Wave Race 64 SE" name - I can't find that anywhere, including the Pj64 RDB. And don't forget that G64 caches textures so that might cause some issues - you'll have to disable this option or delete the dat file in the "Cache" folder if changes to the pack are made.

But still no go. Renaming your pack does not get it to work. I'm stumped...

EDIT: Stupid, I just need to rename all the files now from "Wave Race 64 SE..." to "WAVE RACE 64...". This may take awhile....

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I have another WR64 pack and it will only load in shindou edition if its named: "WAVE RACE 64". So I'm pretty sure, at least for G64, it has to match the internal name - dont' know why Rice's spit out the "Wave Race 64 SE" name - I can't find that anywhere, including the Pj64 RDB. And don't forget that G64 caches textures so that might cause some issues - you'll have to disable this option or delete the dat file in the "Cache" folder if changes to the pack are made.

But still no go. Renaming your pack does not get it to work. I'm stumped...

EDIT: Stupid, I just need to rename all the files now from "Wave Race 64 SE..." to "WAVE RACE 64...". This may take awhile....
Just use CKRename and replace all "Wave Race 64 SE" with "WAVE RACE 64". It's easy and fast.

OP
Yogi

Yogi

Why don't you change the internal name to "Wave Race 64 SE" in the project64.rdb? I checked mine, it indeed states "Wave Race 64 SE".

Last edited:

Legend

Why don't you change the internal name to "Wave Race 64 SE" in the project64.rdb? I checked mine, it indeed states "Wave Race 64 SE".

Damnit, I just got done changing all of them to "WAVE RACE 64". It works perfectly now BTW. It's maybe because I'm using PJ 1.7 and I guess they changed the internal name in the RDB for some reason - sucks it can only be run on Cf=3 also. :plain:
Well, upon the next release, I'll simply change it in the RDB.

OP
Yogi

Yogi

Oh btw, when i tried using G64 for my edited textures, i found that G64 slightly misaligns the textures upwards by appro a pixel or two. Thus it also causes abit of corruption to the lower part of the texture, Rice's plugin will look absolutely fine.

Spiros

hello everyone,

i was just hoping someone on here still has this texture pack, the link is dead(it is like a year old, so no surprize there).

so if someone does have it and wouldnt mind posting it, i would really appreciate it.

also it seems it was worked on after the link was posted so how far along is the texture pack, i mean in terms of completeness(is that a word?)

spiros.

OP
Yogi

Yogi

Wow!! It has been a year already!? Time really flies.

Anyways, Spiros, will pm you. The translation should be enough for you to play the game till the end, hasn't worked on it since i last posted it actually. :batman:

Edit: Oops, i can't upload the file. Emutalk wouldn't let me, see i can post a link.

Edit2:

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ME2UO08I

Link: Wave Race 64 SE v0.2.rar - 0.23MB

Last edited:

Xavius

HI to all!

all links are dead (again...)
someone can help me, reuploading the translation? thanks a lot!

rts

Hi can anyone provide this patch? If it worked on the xbox emulator then it should work on other things.

I scoured google and this forum and I don't see any location to download this patch from. This game supports rumble feature and would be great in English.

F

Fanatic 64

I probably have the patched ROM somewhere. I'll see if I can make it back to a PPF.