What's new

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Problems D:

What did yuo think about The Legend of Zelda: OOT?(considering its relase date)

• AWESOME!

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • It's okay, not bad but yet not good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Horrible! AWW MY EYES ARE STILL BLEEDING!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kyuubify

Screaming Zombie
The problems started somewhere near when i just became Adult Link, i saved the after the second race with Ingo, and when i tried to jump from the Lon Lon Ranch the game crashed and didn't quick save my progress! although it was on the same emulation(I didn't close it), in the whole time i managed to go fishing and all that there is to do in Lake Hylia, I got the Zora Sapphire, and then became adult link, as I said the first things I did where checking out Ganon's Castle and then the races, anyway when i re-loaded the game i was just a little time after the fishing! Then I tried to get to Hyrule Field from the Lake Hylia Way, the game crashed again! the message was
"Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 801EEC88
Unknown 05 15 00 0A

Stopping Emulation !"
Now every time I try to re-load the game I get the same message again and again after a few seconds! what should i do!?

Specifications are: (sry for my noobness LOL)
Video Card: Intel(R) Etreme Gaphics 2, meaning a lousy 96 MB card, it also says Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller.
On a 130 GB Extra Hard Drive
DirectX 9.0c
Operating System: Windows XP Proffessional

I'm also using the Super2xSal option on graphics options
Oh and my plugins are:

Video(graphics) plugin:
Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6

Audio(sound) plugin:
Jabo's DorectSound 1.6

Input(controller) plugin:
Jabo's DirectInput7 1.6

hope someone has an answer lol
oh and sry if some of the words are written wrong, i live in Israel, so...

Cefalo1337

I had a problem of about the same sort except mine had just crashed and when I went to load the state from where i was saved it was gone. Ive seen many posts on this and alot of people asking for save states for this game. Ive tried a couple and they dont seem to work and I think its because of all the posts ive seen for this no one poses this question " Im looking for a save state at or around the water temple (while still young link) that works with either versions 1.0, 1.1, or 1.2 of this rom?" Everytime i try to load a save state it tells me that it is the wrong version and if i load it anyway the game freezes then crashes. Could someone please post a save state that corresponds to one of the three versions or please correct me if im doing something wrong. To be clear im putting the save state i downloaded which is a .pj file into the Save folder of PJ64 then running the rom. I then press f7 to load that save state and it gives me the error msg that it is the wrong version or region. then freezes and crashes. Ive read around these forums for about 2-3 hrs with no luck of anything. someone please help. thank you in advanced

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Unhandled OpCode message usually means that either the rom itself is corrupt/hacked or your rom settings are corrupt.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kyuubify

Screaming Zombie
Oh man, that means i'm going to have and look for a new rom T.T or does it? anyway if you can tell me to check something or whatever, please do that as i dont want to restart the game T.T

P.S.: Man you guys are fast! I posted it a few minutes ago!

!REVENGE!

Oh man, that means i'm going to have and look for a new rom T.T or does it? anyway if you can tell me to check something or whatever, please do that as i dont want to restart the game T.T

You dont have to, keep the battery save (the 256kb file) and rename it to your new rom's name. It should work, as long as your new rom isnt substantially different.

P.S.: Man you guys are fast! I posted it a few minutes ago!

Our punctuality is coincidental, really. Most of the times when I come here at random, I happen to see a new thread posted a couple minutes ago to which I reply promptly.

OP
K

Kyuubify

Screaming Zombie
Lol ty, iIil try it out(Though Iil still have to though Lord Jabu-Jabu, that took me and hour if not more! im a noob...)

OP
K

Kyuubify

Screaming Zombie
And again, Google and Yahoo! are my best friends XD anyway which do you think is better original Ocarina of Time or Master Quest?

!REVENGE!

Master quest has more challenging dungeon design, otherwise the same. If your corrupted rom was the original Ocarina of time, then your save won't work for Master quest. And you said you were a noob, so you shouldn't be playing master quest anyway.

OP
K

Kyuubify

Screaming Zombie
Lol no matter, uum hey Agozer, THANKS! i found a new rom and it works again! it didnt load my quick-save but anyway its a good thing i also manually saved! lol if iil have another problem then i know which forum to use LOL.

P.S.: REVENGE!, as part of my noobiness and lazyness, i also use cheats XD, i'm so lazy that you wont believe it! anwyay i just play these games because of the stories, not the dungeons and stuff, i just like to see the story, talk to the characters and learn songs for the ocarina, im using dungeons because it just makes it longer and its fun seeing everything, even though i have read the manga, i just love going through games, yes im weird O.O

!REVENGE!

I see...

If you use cheats that are generally fun like float cheat then thats aight, but I dont recommend invincibility, infinite items or anything gay like that. Karma will bite you in the ass. We had a guy that hacked his deku stick count and ended up having to restart the game cuz they became locked on 0. That's what cheating does to you, especially if you do it for pathetically easy tasks.

If you wanna "experience the storyline" or whatever, why not watch a walkthrough/speedrun?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If you plan on using cheats, refrain from saving because that's a fast ticket to having a messed up game, forcing you to start from scratch. Other times though you can salvage your game by simply deactivating the cheat, but AFAIK that doesn't always work.

On a rather important note, PJ64 saves battery saves and savestes based on the internal name of the ROM image, not the filename (i.e. Both battery saves and savestates are named LEGEND OF ZELDA.sra/.pj* because it's the game's internal name), so you son't have to rename your saves jsut because you got a new ROM file from somewhere else. The internal name doesn't usually change between ROM revisions (v1.0 vs v1.2). Master Quest has a completely different internal name, because well, it is a different game.

OP
K

Kyuubify

Screaming Zombie
cus walkthroughs are damn boring, and anyway i dont use cheats for TOO easy stuff, more like hard stuff like when i cant go through a dungeon because i get killed, or just cus i dont wanna go through all hyrule to find gold skulltulas, anyway i also like seeing the dungeons, and when it gets longer it just feels more fun O.O, there are some games i neveruse hacks or cheats on, mostly rpgs as in if their easy its not fun, some of my fave games(which are in NDS emulators cus i didnt use anything else back then) are Sonic and the Dark Brotherhood, Luminous Arc 2, all the fun in those is lvling up the hard way.