What's new

Windowed mode problem with Project 64

Assass1n

When I'm in windowed mode and running a ROM, I CANNOT select any menus or anything in the actual project 64 window, nor can I click anything on my desktop at all. I want to sync my audio while in game so it will stop popping, but I can't even click on the "options" tab at the top. Can anybody possibly know what's causing this issue? This is getting frustrating. I'm usually good at figuring this stuff out.

FlotsamX

That will probably not stop the audio popping, anyways.

Audio defects are always bound to happen in P64, for whatever reason or another. Alzimer's audio plugin can help the problem to a slight extent, but there will always be audio problems unless a huge breakthrough is made.

!REVENGE!

I noticed PJ64 renders the audio with a lot of periodic clicking. Try Mupen, the audio is nearly perfect if not perfect for me (Jabo's Directsound). Don't sync game to audio though.

OP
A

Assass1n

sounds like your computer is just trash, clicking is rare an only occurs on a sudden drop of framerate.

I'm running XP SP2 for gaming. I don't use vista anymore cause I don't really like it.

nvidia 680i SLi mobo
pentium 2.14 core 2 duo overclocked to 3.0 gigs
2gb of DDR2 PC5300 dual channel ram
nvidia 7600GT 256mb vid card (not great but not total crap)
soundblaster fatality 7.1 sound card

Not trash by any means.

*edit* Thx for the link to that thread AllNatural. I can't remember which video plugin i'm using right now and can't check it cause I'm at work. I'll give it a shot when I get home today.

Last edited:
OP
A

Assass1n

ok looks like the problem is that when running p64 the mouse is disabled. i can Alt+F O or whatever corresponding letter i need to get to the numbers. I guess this is default with P64. either way, i was able to select the option I wanted and I now have no more popping. :D

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
ok looks like the problem is that when running p64 the mouse is disabled. i can Alt+F O or whatever corresponding letter i need to get to the numbers. I guess this is default with P64. either way, i was able to select the option I wanted and I now have no more popping. :D

using nrage plugin, and sounds like your mouse is locking.