What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Looking for Rice's Video Plugin v6.1.0

airikita

I'm looking for specifically 6.1.0, not anything 6.1.1 or higher, I need 6.1.0 for testing since one of my textures has not been loading as correctly as before.

I've lost my old computer to a virus, so I was trying to recover what I had lost, but there's been problems with v6.1.4 working even though the texture dumps clearly show that the texture has registered, but is not showing up in-game.

Also, an icon in 32x32 in 32 bit (an item) appears too large if changed, however resizing the image seems to solve that issue.

OP
airikita

airikita

well my triforce will remain grey, unless I either find the proper plugin, or find an alternative solution.

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
but with this i cannot use 8x to :(

question is this plugin still in work by rice or Mudlord or Aristotle's ^^

which dev is ctually working on this, cause i have some bug reposrting nd reqeist.

oh aep says that hust yesterday there is na update

Aristotle's Mudlord & Rice Video v6.1.7

is Aristotles an user in our forums?

Last edited:
OP
airikita

airikita

The search function reveals what you're looking for within seconds...

I did, why don't you try and tell me I haven't? I can't find it anywhere, and I think typing "rice's video plugin 6.1.0" is extremely specific.

Don't be a dick.. I'm not a noob.

which dev is ctually working on this, cause i have some bug reposrting nd reqeist.

oh aep says that hust yesterday there is na update

Aristotle's Mudlord & Rice Video v6.1.7

is Aristotles an user in our forums?

I'll take a look at that one, and see if it works.. it's possible there's been issues with other releases just aswell.

EDIT: Well, it appears that my texture is another issue, however the sign that it usually gives me that it's not working is the model itself turns white (due to alterations)

One of the textures appears on a substitute item (same object, different placement) and is red, but it shows the texture. For some reason, the texture isn't showing up on the actual piece I need, as if obtaining the item swipes the misplaced texture. Perhaps I should test it in a different map and check back again.

(P.S. the new download has problems with one of the working textures I edited(transparency issues))

Last edited:
OP
airikita

airikita

Update: another location worked, the texture dump was successful. The other texture was improper..

microdev

I did, why don't you try and tell me I haven't? I can't find it anywhere, and I think typing "rice's video plugin 6.1.0" is extremely specific.

Don't be a dick.. I'm not a noob
??? I posted the link to it. Just click on the underlined words...

the words "what you're looking for" are the link that lead to the download location.

I told you so because that was the way I found it instantly. no offense :cheers:

True, use the latest version of Aristotle (the underlined words are the link)

Yes, as far as I know it is. I will also contribute but till end of February I am completely occupied with studies & work.

I don't think it makes sense atm to post bug reports concerning issues that are not directly related to the changes of Aristotle.

Atm he concentrates on creating a full texture cashing for the plugin & therefore most probably won't do other bugfixes.

Last edited:

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
So what? You are the currient dev of rice plugin? or arestotoles?

and which version can play 8x only the new arestotoles? because this version plays MK 4 to slow. Jabos to fast and 1.6 rice perfekt but with grafikal errors *wallbash*

What is the most used size for tetexturing? 8x? Because i always use 4x for my projekt is this ok?

microdev

So what? You are the currient dev of rice plugin? or arestotoles?

Aristotle. It's Open Source so everybody can contribute. And so I do when I get time.

and which version can play 8x only the new arestotoles? because this version plays MK 4 to slow. Jabos to fast and 1.6 rice perfekt but with grafikal errors *wallbash*
All Mudlord plugins and the latest Aristotle plugin. If Aristotle's build does not work fine for you try Mudlord 6.1.4

What is the most used size for tetexturing? 8x? Because i always use 4x for my projekt is this ok?
Higher size requires more power. If it is necessary to do some textures on 8x or not depends how it looks ingame. So smaller textures that require detail or Textures that get heavily stretched might be candidates for 8x. (or if you want to display it on a HD screen)

OP
airikita

airikita

Well, in any case, the problem has been solved..

I have 2 questions however: what file sharing website would be best to hold a file permenantly for linking, and would posting my re-created mod in these forums be allowed?

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
Whats about the idea work with 8x and scale down to 4x for two packs , is this ok?

thx for the answers.

with 1.4 it should work and arestotoles, NOT with mulord righT?

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
no sense? look i work with 512 cause better for editing, and then i scale down to 4x to work ingame because 8x do not work popably and my maschine is not powerful (NO DUO) so i will work with 8x and then scale to 4x and release 2 packs for pwoerful Pc and pc like i hav^^

IS this ok, because some say that scalde down give bad quality. And i shoudl work with 4x textures from begining and not scale down when finished in 512(8x).