What's new

Majora Mask + Rice = LAG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari

Hello guys. I just started playing Majora Mask, and I'm having a hard time with it. Before I was playing OoT and it was playing very nice.

I suppose it has something to do with motion blur, since my problem is the same of this guy, but the solution of changing plugin is not an option because I wanna use Hi Res textures.

Normally PJ64 runs smooth @ 60 VI/s, but at some times it goes to 36 or 18 VI/s, and after that scene it goes back to normal. On begining it happened during mask spinning, when Link falls and on first gameplay scenario. Now I was turned to deku guy and everytime when I try to shoot a buble it slows down again.

I'm using Mudlord Rice 6.1.4 with PJ64 1.7.49. I tried to go back to 1.6 but I only got a black screen. Using standard Jabo plugin everything was smooth, but with no Hi texture :(

I have a Q6600 @ 3200MHz, 3GB RAM, 7950GT, etc, hardware shouldn't be a problem for N64.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Use Glide64 if your video card can handle it. You can use hi-res textures as well.

OP
H

Hikari

tnx for reply!

I've read about it, but I thought it wasn't compatible with Rice's textures, isn't that true?

Can Geforce 7 use it?

hmm it seems I'd need a wrapper and can't play on windowed mode, I need window because my monitor is widescreen and I want it on original ratio.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Glide64 works fine windowed, and it comes with the needed Glide wrapper to make in work on non-Glide cards. I don't know about how it supports Rice texture packs, but I could swear that there is an option to use with texture packs tailored for Rice's plugin.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
third party plugins are not supported in the pj64 section
Beta versions of pj64 are not supported here.

Third party plugins are not supported in beta beta versions of pj64

OP
H

Hikari

wow sorry for posting on the wrong place, could any mod transfer this thread to where it is meant to be? :p

I tested Rice in both versions, and like I said PJ64 1.6 only gives a back screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.