What's new

Zelda: Master Quest Start Menu lag?

sulamen0

When I play the legend of zelda: master quest and try to pause, the menu takes about 15-20 seconds each time before it loads. When it does eventually load it doesn't show a picture of my link nor does it show the correct background. Does this happen to anyone else, or does anyone know a fix? Thanks.

btw: My computer is more than capable of running the game.

!REVENGE!

You're not alone. It's an emulator mapping bug and happens to everyone. However, it doesn't lag that bad for me with PJ64, but Mupen certainly lags like shit upon pressing start, which also can be remedied by simply pressing fast forward which is why I use that one. So my guess is that your video card sucks if it takes that long and you cant see Link in the background. It happened to me too when I was still using my onboard graphics card.

the master 123

the original Ocarina of Time may had that pause. I ran it on the wii and it also had a pause to go to that memu. As for that game It might be similar. The picture of link might be a bug in project 64. As I use a computer with the sig spec and in full screen it don't show link picture corrertly however in window it will. I don't have a onboard graphic or a really outdated graphic card for this emutalor.

I Just check my intel card which is a gma 950 the default setting cause a lot of access volition errors however it didn't have this problem. with copy to framebuffer on it didn't have this problem however the overall speed did reduce much(over 300 to about 130) still above 60 though. What graphic card do you have. I heard that there was a nvidia card bug in ocarina of time\master quest that mess up the link image in full screen.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Update your RDB file if you haven't already.

If you're video card can handle it, use Glide64, as it has the best framebuffer emulation I've seen. This should fix any issues with Link's picture in the status screen. Still IIRC, it should also be just fine with Jabo's Direct3D8, too.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
actually, its broken in D3D8 1.6 since the 6 series came out, its fixed in 1.7 though.

There are 2 ways to improve this.

set counterfactor to 1
set advanced block linking to off

2. get the latest rdb, it includes a game specific cheat to fix menu lags. and the crash that occurs on the MQ roms.

Nickelbawker

actually, its broken in D3D8 1.6 since the 6 series came out, its fixed in 1.7 though.

There are 2 ways to improve this.

set counterfactor to 1
set advanced block linking to off

2. get the latest rdb, it includes a game specific cheat to fix menu lags. and the crash that occurs on the MQ roms.
Thank you really tempted to mess around with every 1.7 version I can find now.

F

Fanatic 64

This thread is over 5 years old. Download and install Project64 2.1. Do not download Project64 1.7 unless you have donated to the project.