What's new

My saves dissappeared, help!

Petezafase

Yeah, like the title said; My saves did dissappear.
I was going to start Paper Mario 64 like I usually do, by clicking open rom, and selecting the file.
But when I opened it, I had to start all over, and I could not find my save.
And the same thing happened to Super Smash Bros. also!
After restarting my pc, just to try that one out, I tried to open them again, but now with the error message: SP DMA READ
could not fit copy in memory segment!
When I was clicking OK, I could still play from the begining, but no save!
Can someone please help me?

And btw, I do save both in game, and by clicking F5!

-Petezafase

EDIT: The error only came when I opened Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

X-Fi6

It's telling me "hard drive failure". I could very much be wrong. I could be right, though, and that would not be fun at all.

Kiopineapple

go to C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Save(unless you have it on a different drive) and check to make sure your save files are still there or if the folder name was edit or removed or even corupted but this usually happens when you try to move your saved files to another location or onto an external hard drive, flopy, sd card, memory stick,etc. if there is a problem then you should re-install project 64 or repair it.

X-Fi6

Just so you know, on Vista, the Save and Screenshot folders are often inaccessible, unless you try to view them from a Save As / Open window.

This is the case for any computer I've actually installed Project64 on. On my last computer, when I had XP, I didn't have this bug, but as soon as I installed any build of Vista (RC2, RTM, etc), it affected me. When I went to XP x64, I didn't have the bug anymore.

My dad's laptop, using Vista Home Premium x86, also has the bug.

And my new computer that I built with Vista Home Premium x86-64 also has the bug.

I know my old computer and my new one use Western Digital hard drives. I don't know about my dad's laptop. And I haven't tried on any other Vista computers.

So I could be wrong. Maybe it only affects (certain?) Western Digital hard drives.

Last edited:
OP
P

Petezafase

I don't have Vista, I use XP, and all my saves are still there, and no one is corrupt, it's just PJ64 that can't find them.
And also: My sound has disappeared now.

And no, I haven't tried to remove, edit, or move the saves or something, it just happened.
Oh, I almost forgot, it's only on Super Smash Bros. and Paper Mario that the saves disappeared, not in my other games.
Please help me with both my problems.

-Petezafase

Last edited:
OP
P

Petezafase

And now the saves are back, but I still got no sound!
I didn't do anything either, it just happened!
This is driving me mad, anyone who can help?

And btw, I'm using Jabo's DirectSound 1.6

Last edited:

!REVENGE!

Just so you know, on Vista, the Save and Screenshot folders are often inaccessible, unless you try to view them from a Save As / Open window.

This is the case for any computer I've actually installed Project64 on. On my last computer, when I had XP, I didn't have this bug, but as soon as I installed any build of Vista (RC2, RTM, etc), it affected me. When I went to XP x64, I didn't have the bug anymore.

My dad's laptop, using Vista Home Premium x86, also has the bug.

And my new computer that I built with Vista Home Premium x86-64 also has the bug.

I know my old computer and my new one use Western Digital hard drives. I don't know about my dad's laptop. And I haven't tried on any other Vista computers.

So I could be wrong. Maybe it only affects (certain?) Western Digital hard drives.

I always keep hearing something new about Vista. Why does it suck so bad? Damn.

EDIT: OP, make sure you scan your comp for viruses/malware and if you continue to have problems with your saves, upload them somewhere so we can take a look at it.

About your sound, can you still play MP3s? If not, what is the error message?

EDIT2: And remember to always back your saves up in a RAR in case something happens. I accidentally overwrote a couple of my save states a couple times and regretted not having a backup.

Last edited:

lennon

OoT save deleted

my saves for ocarina of time got deleted when my laptop broke and had to get the memory wiped. If someone could please give me a save file for when links a adult at the zoras river when its frozen over. PLEASE IF SOMEONE COULD DO THIS IT WOULD BE AMAZING. thx in advance.

OP
P

Petezafase

I can still listen to other things, like mp3s, it's only in PJ64 I have no sound.
I ain't home now, so I'm gonna try out all this later, if not, I can try to upload my saves.

-Petezafase