What's new

Zelda OOT crashes

play0r

i have made a bug report on the google code page, i just wanted to see if anyone else experienced a similar problem.
i get a buffer overflow after selecting the game file to play in zelda oot; i can get around this by loading up the old rsp plugin from mupen64 0.5 creating the game file, then loading it, and then creating a savestate to load the game using the new enhanced rsp plugin.
could the problem be my arch or gcc version?
i'm running a p4 3.0 ghz prescott with an nvidia 6200 le agp card and ubuntu 8.10 32bit using gcc 4.3.
all versions of mupen64plus exhibit these symptoms. any help would be greatly appreciated cause i would prefer not to use the work around i mentioned above lol.

Lucky75

I get a crash in Zelda OOT with 1.5 actually.

It's where you're visiting Zelda for the first time, you look through the window, see ganondorf and then she says "<name>, you're the only one that can save Hyrule".

You click a button and the video locks up, sound still loops in the background. Depending on which plugin I use for the video card, the screen either just freezes or distorts and freezes.

It doesn't seem to really throw an error in the console, it just locks up every time.

Any ideas? Thanks!