Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toe_head2001 View Post
    Very nice work. It's good to see progress on this plugin continue. Much appreciated.

BTW, your current release is a violation of the GPL.
    Woah..wait a second..How is it a violation of the GPL??! O.o What am I doing wrong?

Master of the Emulation Flame MasterPhW's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle900 View Post
    Woah..wait a second..How is it a violation of the GPL??! O.o What am I doing wrong?
    You have to release the source code with every binary release aswell.
    The Future of Emulation: Emulate a High End Computer on a Low End System
    Main: Intel Core i7 (Lynnfiled) 860 (@3.802Ghz) | 8 GB DDR3-1333 | ATI XFX HD 5750 PCI-E | ATI High Definition Audio Device | 256 GB SSD + 3 TB Internal SATA2 + 4 TB external | Windows 7 Professional X64 SP1 MSDNAA
    Netbook: Asus EeePC 1015PEM | Intel Atom Dual Core N550 (1,5GHz) | 2GB DDR3-1066 | Intel GMA 3150 | 250GB HDD | Win 7 Starter
    Old One: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2x2.5Ghz; S939) | MSI KbT Neo2-F V2.0 | 2x1GB Corsair Value VS1GBKIT400 | Radeon HD 3850 512 MB/AGP8x | Creative SB Audigy LS | 2TB (4x500GB SATA2 HDDs Raid0) | Windows 7 Business X64 SP1 MSDNAA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice work!
    Btw, I think you should not waste your time compressing the plug-in with UPX. The benefit is just too small.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterPhW View Post
    You have to release the source code with every binary release aswell.
    Oh..I greatly apologize for this..I will upload it with the source, as soon as I can..The site I'm using to host it, doesn't allow more than 1MB per file, so I'll edit my post here, with the new download.

I am so sorry that I've violated the GPL license..

RetroK: Well, it makes it smaller, which was allowing me to upload it to that site, with the necessary dll files. And I made a batch file which easily does so for me anyway.

Last edited by Aristotle900; December 19th, 2008 at 21:58.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle900 View Post
    ...The site I'm using to host it, doesn't allow more than 1MB per file, so I'll edit my post here, with the new download.
    I suggest you just add the file as an attachment to your forum post. The max file size, for a .zip, is 8mb on this forum.

Also, I'm not sure that it was made clear that you need to have a copy of the GPL License bundled with your DLLs
    OS: Windows XP SP3 - CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo - Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce4 MX 4000, 64mb - Sound Card: AC'97 - Memory: 1024 MB

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toe_head2001 View Post
    I suggest you just add the file as an attachment to your forum post. The max file size, for a .zip, is 8mb on this forum.

Also, I'm not sure that it was made clear that you need to have a copy of the GPL License bundled with your DLLs
    Attachments do not work for me on this forum. I tried that first, with the first release.

Copy of the GPL? See, I didn't know about this, because there is no license document on the web space Mudlord has the plugin uploaded too, with the source code..Thank you for posting a copy, I'll read over it and re-post the plugin when I find a suitable place, with the license.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I believe that attachments have been broken for a while not positive.
    I'll ask someone who knows for you.
    I believe it's possible to use the emulation64 network to host the files also I'll see who to get in touch with for that.

No need to panic about compliance, the important thing is you get situated so you are. In 15 years the FSF has had to sue only once and that was this year.

Cyb
    Progress (n.):
    The process through which the Internet has evolved from smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart terminals.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Recursive (adj):
    see Recursive

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    because there is no license document on the web space Mudlord has the plugin uploaded too, with the source code..Thank you for posting a copy,
    Sorry about that.
    A link to the license is clearly documented with the source code, in the comments. Sorry for not making a better effort to document things.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudlord88 View Post
    Sorry about that.
    A link to the license is clearly documented with the source code, in the comments. Sorry for not making a better effort to document things.
    Clearly my fault for missing the obvious.. I sincerely apologize.

I've removed the files on Megaupload, so the links on previous posts, are no longer valid. I'm now using this file hosting site, to host the file. This now includes the latest compiled version, with source code, and the GNU General Public license.

Download

----------

12/17/08 - Version 6.1.6

-Partial full Texture Caching/pre-loading-
    -Further corrected the fog rendering code-
    -Cleaned up some areas of the code-
    -Compilled without optimizations, because of them causing slowdowns-

12/11/08 - Version 6.1.5

-Corrected the Fog rendering code-
    -Compelled with speed optimizations-
    -Compelled using Visual Studio 2008 Express, Visual C++-
    -Compelled using DirectX 8.1+- (Plugin was originaly using 8.0, and 9.0 seems to have many
    graphics errors.)
    -Compressed the plugin using UPX, new small file size-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice work guys. I'll have to try it out later.

Thanks

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast