What's new

Some titles on Project64 run too fast on one of my PC and some games don't run at all

the_importer

Hey there,

I've finally took some time to setup my media PC with some N64 emulation (about time, got everything else setup).

Strange thing however, Mario 64, Wave Race 64 and Star Fox 64 all run at incredible speed. My other PC runs them perfectly with them same settings and plugins.

My Media PC: Althlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ with 2 Gigs of RAM and Onboard Video
Desktop PC: PIV 2.80GHz with 2 Gigs of RAM and FX5900XT Video card

I know my Media PC is faster than my Desktop PC, so could speed by issue here? And if so, why only these games?

Off topic, 3 games (DK64, Excite Bike 64, Yoshi 64) aren't running at all and are giving me this message:

2z53p0j.jpg

Thanks

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Unhandled OpCode often means that the ROM is bad.

Also, you'll get all sorts of problems by using integrated graphics chips with emulators that do 3D graphics - which is also why most games will run very poorly with the the default graphics plugin. Computers with integrated graphics chips should use Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin.

OP
T

the_importer

Unhandled OpCode often means that the ROM is bad.

Also, you'll get all sorts of problems by using integrated graphics chips with emulators that do 3D graphics - which is also why most games will run very poorly with the the default graphics plugin. Computers with integrated graphics chips should use Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin.

I think you may be mixing my 2 problems.

The ROMs I'm using are GoodN64 dumps and I have tried several ones:

Donkey Kong 64 (U) [!]
Donkey Kong 64 (U) [f1]
Donkey Kong 64 (U) [f2]
Donkey Kong 64 (U) [f3]
Excitebike 64 (U) [!]
Excitebike 64 (U) [f1]
Excitebike 64 (U) [f2]
Yoshi's Story (U) (M2) [!]
Yoshi's Story (U) (M2) [f1]
Yoshi's Story (U) (M2) [t1]

As for the speedup issue, I only have problems with 3 games. If this was truly a video card issue, I would have the same problem with all the ROMs when using the same plugin.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The error message could also come up when the RDB file gets corrupted, so download the latest one just in case.

OP
T

the_importer

The error message could also come up when the RDB file gets corrupted, so download the latest one just in case.

I've just tried them on Mupen64 and 1964, same deal, different error message. Man, what gives?

Never mind, it's the stupid F4 key. Problem is that I always exist with Alt+F4, but in Project 64, F4 happens to remove Frame Limit >_>

Last edited: