What's new

Controller use / PAD

rimirilar

Maybe I am just a tard and cant get it, but I have a Logitech controller that I am trying to get to work with Dolphin. I have gone to Plugins, and PAD input, but the only thing that comes up, is Dolphin PAD Plugin. Mine doesnt show up. I tried pad configuration, but still no dice. How do I get it to work? I have a HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook. I am running Vista 64 bit, 4 GB RAM, AMD Turion 2.0 GHZ Processor, and an ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics. Can someone help? I just downloaded Dolphin 64 as well.

Last edited:

DjPong

I would recommend using Xpadder and bind your keyboard keys that Dolphin uses onto your gamepad. Xpadder is only around 300 kb and easy to install :)

OP
R

rimirilar

I found the Notepad file that has the bindings, but how do I bind them to my gamepad? Also, thank you very much for Xpadder!
Update: Ok so I downloaded the Dolphin for a 64 bit system. It pulls the game up still, but I still can not get the controller to work. I also use Project64, and my controller works just fine there.

Last edited:

DjPong

Hmm gues I missunderstood you, sorry for that:

-Start dolphin
-Options
-Configure
-Go to "plugins" tab
-Now you see "pad" and under that probably "Dolphin KB/X360pad" click the blue'ish down arrow and select the "Njoy v0.3"
- After that is done press configure and you are way to go to bind the buttons of your gamepad

I wish you good luck.

NOTE: Dolphin ain't that stable yet and lots of errors may occure while playing!

OP
R

rimirilar

The only thing under plugins is Dolphin PAD Plugin. On Dolphin 64, the only that it says is Pad DirectX9 and Pad Simple. Is there way to get dolphin to recognize other hardware? Such as my controller? I will keep trying and let you know if I find out anything. Thank you for the help. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated as well.:nemu:

DjPong

The only thing under plugins is Dolphin PAD Plugin. On Dolphin 64, the only that it says is Pad DirectX9 and Pad Simple. Is there way to get dolphin to recognize other hardware? Such as my controller? I will keep trying and let you know if I find out anything. Thank you for the help. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated as well.:nemu:
Hmm? Some revision with other plugins i guess? Download a new version of Dolphin and try again?

OP
R

rimirilar

I downloaded Dolphin SVN R 1007, and not only does my controller now work, but my game also runs faster. Now if I can just get the sound to work, I'd be happier than a fat kid in a Twinkie factory!:p

DjPong

I downloaded Dolphin SVN R 1007, and not only does my controller now work, but my game also runs faster. Now if I can just get the sound to work, I'd be happier than a fat kid in a Twinkie factory!:p
That revision is old already. I download most new version from Daco: http://www.nyleveia.com/daco/

For the sounds you mentioned: Won't work in lots of games. There are some games where sound works but may be out of sync or just suddenly turn off.

Remember; The emulator is still in development. So lots of games may be unplayable due crashes or corrupt save games.

zerohero

i know this thread is most likely dead

but i have the dolphin emulator and no matter what version of it i get whenever i go to options there either inst a plug in tab/or there is no pad setting or it says that it cant open some master key file and that the wii iso for my game isnt an iso een though other versions will open it...