What's new

WWF No Mercy No Longer Saves

gowingsgo8803

Hey everyone, hope all is well.

Just a quick question about WWF No Mercy. I've had it for a few years now, and I frequently update attires/people, etc. to follow the WWE/TNA today.

Anyways, I tried updating a wrestler, but the change won't save. After you leave the edit screen (or go back to edit, or even select your wrestler for a match), the changes do not take effect. I have a gamepad and keyboard plugged in (selected in the controller menu), with both set to memory pack.

This problem occurs with created and original wrestlers. Any ideas what the problem is? Could it be a controller issue?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

All the best,

Marc

Metalitia

GFX Tranny
Make sure your settings are thuswise...(my Virtual Pro Wrestling 64 settings)
Code:
CPU core style - Recompiler
Self-modifying code method - Protect Memory (this seems to be where the problem stemmed from)
Memory Size - 8 MB
Advanced Block Linking - On
Default Save type - 32kbytes SRAM
Counter Factor - 2

checked - Use TLB, Register Caching
unchecked - everything else.

Especially the "Protect Memory" part. If your game continues to not save, then it's a problem that's beyond my simple intuition. Hope this helped.

OP
G

gowingsgo8803

I don't think that worked - I lost all of my wrestler edits, as well as my created wrestlers. The setting you gave me were not the ones I had, so I made the changes and lost everything (hopefully, temporarily).

Any other ideas?

OP
G

gowingsgo8803

Hey everyone,

Sorry to double post, but I have an update. Since my CAWs and wrestler edits are gone (as were all the belts, etc.), I turned on my PC and changed the settings from my PC Project 64 to my laptop PJ64. I was able to get all my edits back, but I'm still unable to save.

I haven't clicked anything else in the settings, so I really don't know why the saving stopped so abruptly. I even downloaded 1979, and to my recollection, the ROM didn't even work altogether.

Could the file be corrupt? Maybe under Setting -> Directories, if I changed the auto save and instant save directory paths or something?

dave.action

Hey guys, very new to all of this, I'm running No Mercy on project 64 and have some roms but I can't figure out how to run the roms, none of them work, is there something I have to do with the No Mercy I'm opening that involves adding the roms or something?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What? You can't get roms to work, yet you can get No Mercy to work? Or none of them work, which is it?

Put the roms in the Roms folder and start Project64. Refresh the Rom browser and double-click an an entry.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If one does not exist, create it. Even better, you can put your roms in a folder of your choice (e.g. a folder named 'lol') and then change Project64's settings so that the emulator will look for roms in that folder. of course, the default folder name is just 'roms'.

Phaze

Lurker
You can create a folder, named whatever you want, but you need to make Project 64 direct to that folder, to look for ROMs you can play.
AKA You have your roms folder as C:\ROMs, make Project64 look in that folder for ROMs.

dave.action

OK let me go from the start, I have everything I need on my desktop, though if I use Desktop as the rom directory it only gives me the original No Mercy as Compatible