What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Making Hi-res Textures...discusion thread

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Give us an example please.

Maybe I will make a vid for you.

Give me the "ready" .psd with the textures you want to use in the layers and I will tile it on video for you.

There are also programs that will tile for you but I do not like the results of the simple ones. A PS plugin called Luxogy Imagsynth will help you make tiling textures with photos and such, but it's difficult to get a good result without repitition within the texture.

Mode7, can you give me/us some advice for using imagesynth?

Later,
Jay

Last edited:

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
yes i know this tool, mode tell me already about it. i will try by myself with offsets and clone brush, i think i will find a tutorial via goggle, so first i try and when i cannot make yo can do the video :)

But there is something that i must to knew else. How i can paint the black pattern into a new layer?

Because i want not to sue a complete new texture, i want make it with your technology, cause i like that the result is similar to original but hires.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4117/95785697sd9.png
here look what i mean with black pattern.

i hope you understand me ^^

greets,
Wolna

just ry it and it wokr but not so fine, i think you should make the tutorial , cause that si something that not specific and all artist and beginners can use not only me.

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Can you upload the actual texture for me? How many textures are related to this one? If more than just this one than can you upload all of them so I can show you how to make them tile with eachother as well. It is difficult to explain.

I will include doing the black as well. ;)

Jay

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
I know know how to make tiled now, BUT as i said i think it will be intrested for other artist who are jus beginning. The last 2, 3 days i did not make new textures just practice practice and practice, but i will do today , we will see how it will be.

Oh, yeah here is the texture, yes it's only one, the rest of the "lair" Stage is just walls (bricks) and there do not have to be tiled.

Greets Wolna. I am really confident that i can show your really nice textures in a couple of week, as i said at the very beginning i'am a swift learner ;). But without your help guys i wouldn't process so fast as i am now.

Ok finally here is the original texture (8x)

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1441/mortalkombat46540203d20hh5.png

have fun ;)

mode7

Mode7, can you give me/us some advice for using imagesynth?

Later,
Jay

Imagesynth 2, is pretty simple to use

1. start programm or plugin

2.Create new texture in the programm or create a new PS image with the plugin(size depending on how big your base photo is).

3. down left corner -> add Image and load the photo you want to create a textuzre from (you can also mix photos/materials)

4. in the main window you se two register buttons: Input und Output.

5. choose input and select the area you want to create a texture from (this is gone be your stamp.normally a rectangel is enough, but sometimes you need the lasso). You can force a selection that imagesynth must use with the force button.

6. Now you choose output and fill your texture with the stamp.

7. If you still see some obivous transitions or annoying detail you can erase that area and stamp another area.

Thats the basics feel free to experiment with the programm
good look

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
another question. How i can set an textur as a textcolor in PS?

-.- do not need to answer i found it ^^

Last edited:

steftheserb

http://xenobond.planets.gamespy.com/images/tuts/mini_tut_02.jpg
Hope this helps you all think differently on how you make your textures. Only took 30 minutes to make.

thanks for the tut! but i have one question. how do you make the grey scale pattern?

sorry for the n00b question

Last edited:

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
Alright, i need to know how to make a deep water texture for Corneria in StarFox64, and how to layer specific textures for the waterfall and the pyramid in Easy VEnom

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
@miode yea i thouth that already, thank you, i will now make the hell of a work and at hires fonts, to my project.

@ReplayTy oh you ar the guy who is startet at the same time as me, right? I am I'm curious about your work, somethink you can already show?

greets,
wolna

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
ok ok i see *G*

some one with experiance making hires fonts? Cause i make as i think that will be right BUT
it looks really nice out, but INGAME is still lost of pixel *G*

meaby i make something wrong so, when someone has experiance in this, tell me ;)

Greets
Wolna

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Mr.Wolna said:
oh i forgot is very importing,.

how i can set light in PS? Cause in the roght corner of a texture i must have a shadow, them it will looks round ;)

greets

"Filter-Render-Lighting Effects"

or

"Dodge" and "Burn" tools.

Depending on the type of lighting and shadows needed.

Jay