What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Making Hi-res Textures...discusion thread

mudlord88

Banned
No, I am talking about the artistic tutorials: like how to make good quality textures, places to find decent textures, etc....Just stuff on the artistic side...since i am not exactly artistic.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
I just replied to you in the tutorial thread....with a tutorial.

Dude, I saw you posted in there again...?!?! Why?

All posts...other than tutorials...go right here in THIS thread.

Only tutorials go in the Tutorial Thread.

Please be careful and courteous. ;)

Thanks
Jay

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
No, I am talking about the artistic tutorials: like how to make good quality textures, places to find decent textures, etc....Just stuff on the artistic side...since i am not exactly artistic.

Have you gone through all of the "Tutorials" in the tutorial thread?

In addition to mine, Mode7 has posted 2 as well.

If you have and you still feel you need more info, please let me know here.

I am happy to answer specific questions, or make a tutorial for a specific texture for you.

Let me know,
Jay

Xenobond

Double 0 Reject
Hey mud, here's one I made a while back on wood-
mini_tut_01.jpg

It's really geared towards the N64 stuff as it's all low res, but most of the same techniques apply at higher resolutions.

Depending on how things go this week, I'd like to do a second one on mud. Haven't done environment textures in a while and this could help me kill two birds with one stone.

Last edited:

mudlord88

Banned
Whats really needed is a compendium of information, like a PDF or CHM, on the artistic and technical processes of retexturing. This will greatly benefit the newbies since there is a great deal of cluttered information. I am willing to help if people want to do something like this. If not, then I might as well do the whole damn thing myself. >.<

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
My god. I am really getting offended and frustrated.

It's like you have something against me personally despite ALL of the "nice" I have ever been to you.

I spent a lot of time on my tutorials, some more than others but still...

You are telling me that you can't find the info you need between Mode7's and my tutorials? ...could you follow my easiest tut...the grass and dirt one? If you gave that tut a real try then the only way I can see to help you more is to do them for you.

I learned ALL of "my" techniques from MYSELF.

All you should need is LOTS of time and dedication...along with the tips that we are giving you.

And how are you going to do a complete "compendium of information" to help "newbies"...nevermind... ....I think you should "do the whole damn thing" yourself.

I have invested way more than 5000 hours helping the retexturing community in the last year. Way more than a full time job, actually more than 2 full time jobs. (and I am going to do about the same thing this year, maybe half since I have a full time job now.)

That's what it takes.

My tutorial thread "should" be clear and clean and full of tutorial contributions from experienced members.

So far it's just a mess. It's just proof that people aren't actually reading and following the text contained within carefully and applying it to their actions...indicating either a language barrier or a lack of care.

Where the hell are our moderators that should be here to help clean things like this up? I'm dropping it.

Why does every one of your posts piss me off? You know...your posts would generally be fine if you didn't..."sound" like an asshole all the time...even when your intentions are good... ...strange!

I am sick of kissing your ass, brad. Your probably half my age to boot. That would explain your... well... "you".

I'm in a bad mood,
Jay

PS: I consider this a "hobby" I plan to do in my spare time for the rest of my life. Making the learning process last that long is OK with me. It is an art. If you are looking for instant mastering, gratification and completeness then you are looking in the wrong place.

Wow, who have you made me become?! WTF.

Last edited:

mudlord88

Banned
It's like you have something against me personally despite ALL of the "nice" I have ever been to you.

Wait, I have something personal against everyone >.> Its not just you.

You are telling me that you can't find the info you need between Mode7's and my tutorials? ...could you follow my easiest tut...the grass and dirt one? If you gave that tut a real try then the only way I can see to help you more is to do them for you.

Correct. All I see is a mess of forum links.

And how are you going to do a complete "compendium of information" to help "newbies"...nevermind... ....I think you should "do the whole damn thing" yourself.

Its quite simple: A e-book on retexturing. How hard does that fucking sound to you? Okay, fine...since no one wants to help, I'll do it myself.

Why does every one of your posts piss me off?

Because they just do?

You know...your posts would generally be fine if you didn't..."sound" like an asshole all the time...even when your intentions are good... ...strange!

Wow, post proof of that before you make such wild accusations.

I am sick of kissing your ass, brad. Your probably half my age to boot. That would explain your... well... "you".

Well, DON'T!
Be like the rest of the N64 emu community who hate my guts!

I'm in a bad mood

Well, duh.

mode7

@gitech

Dont' be too offended. Although his wish might seem a bit bold, it's actually not a bad idea to have something complete and easy to access, which could include our tutorials.

@mudlord

If you had read the thread from the beginning you could have seen that there already is such a thing:

The N64 retexture Dokuwiki

Violineb created it, I added some conent but it's not quite complete otherwise i would have made an anouncement in the forum.
If you are willing to help add some general information, we will announce it and everyone could contribute.

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
Hi guys, one question witch resolution you usually work? Of cource its for each texture and game varios. But i just want to know what your usuall style ;)

For me personally i like 4x!

mudlord88

Banned
Oh there is every need.

If you had read the thread from the beginning you could have seen that there already is such a thing:

Well thank you for redundancy. Pity the thing is incomplete, would have been extremely nice.

Now piss off, your annoying me.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Guys,

It's a good thing Mud and I have come to the conclusion that we hate each other...it's better this way. I can be honest now...AND ignore him. I have less stress already.

Let's not get sidetracked by Mudlord's erratic and hostile behavior.

All above^, I will answer all your posts when I wake up later. I have been up now for too long.

TTYL, =]
Jay

Last edited:

Mr.Wolna

FalloutNow! ***erator
*Mr.Wolna sings a song and whistles while*

Don't worry, be Happy! tadada Don't worry be happy...

Gyus do not argue with each other, please. Just keep it cool. ;)