What's new

i WILL poop on someone

Vboy

EmuCrazy
Okay, I just can't stand it. AHHHHHHHHHHH

I've been trying to record a walkthrough for majora's mask. I tried hypercam, camstudio, camtasia, logging sound while recording video, snagit, super screen recorder, EVERYTHING. FRAPS is my best chance, but it won't stop freezing the emulator. I tried Nemu, 1964, pj64 and the list goes on. I have no stereo/wave mix so I don't know how to record sound other than logging it but it usually ends with the sound going off sync. My best results end up over 90 MB and it takes 2 hours to upload it to YouTube.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Well, if you've tried everything and nothing works the way you want, then stop trying.

X-Fi6

If Stereo Mix is not on your list, on Vista, you right-click the volume icon at the bottom right of your screen and choose Recording Devices. Then right-click in the middle of that window and uncheck Show Disabled Devices. Stereo Mix should now appear on the list faded (this is because it is disabled). To enable it, right-click it and choose Enable. Then you right-click again and choose Set as Default Device. XP does not have enable or disable functionality.

If you use XP or the above didn't work, update your audio drivers.

If you're having a problem with audio lag or dropped frames, use a lossless codec with Camtasia Recorder (the not-open source one). A lossless codec can be the Techsmith Screen Capture codec (it comes with Camtasia Studio), the Lagarith Codec, or the MSU Lossless Codec. When it's done recording, save it, and then choose to edit it with Camtasia Studio. Then go to Produce Video As..., choose AVI, choose 30fps, True Color, and use Xvid as your codec.

For the audio, choose any number 1-5 seconds to keyframe (lower allows you to fast-forward in more sections on YouTube). Use either 44100 16-bit Stereo PCM (lossless), or 320kbps MP3 (lossy). Then record, and the resulting video will be the highest quality and lowest file size easily possible.

If you know of any other screen recorders which apply a codec AFTER recording (not during), they can be used without audio lag. You'll have to wait for encoding after you stop recording, but it's worth it for larger, more intense videos.

Last edited:
OP
Vboy

Vboy

EmuCrazy
I used every capturer. I log sound as I play and plug it into the video. But if the emulator studders at all, it will desync. It never started desyncing until yesterday. Why won't fraps just work?!

OP
Vboy

Vboy

EmuCrazy
It could be the rom but I highly doubt it. I got more US versions of the rom and they froze. I also got a European version which froze as well. Fucking bullshit pile of dog ass dumplings. Cunt sucking piles of shit balls falling out of the sky made fraps a piece of octopus asshole shit.

X-Fi6

Some recorders are like that, due to the way they are made.

With Camtasia Recorder, whenever lags occur or frames drop, it does not get out of sync. Plus, since it can just use a lossless codec to prevent dropped frames and lag, and after recording is done, you can then save this recording under a better suited codec such as Xvid.

DragonQ

I tried CamStudio to record something at 1280x720 lossless. Needless to say, it was a silly attempt lol.

Do you have a laptop or, say, a Dell desktop? If so, it could be that you are using their drivers which usually disable stereo mix (maybe to encourage people to buy separate sound cards, not sure). In this case you can search their forums for solutions from other users, usually involving using drivers for your on-board sound card provided by other companies/manufacturers that do not have the stereo mix taken out. :)

Cruz01

Dude youre using a pc with P4 and GeForce MX 4, What did you seriously expect?
Man Im not one to be teasing people in this way but...
SAVE AND BUY A NEW COMP!
One you have proly has the same processing and video power than a cellphone... And a bad cellphone at that.

Fraps sends oblivion to its knees on my dualcore, GeForce 7300... And my rig sucks.

!REVENGE!

Vboy, quit wasting your time with fucking screen recorders and use Mupen64 to record your walkthrough, and then you have an option to let it playback and save to an AVI.

I already told you this in another thread.