What's new

Zelda: MM Black Screen

LinkMaster

As I said in the title, when I load MM into P64, it loads it up, and then..nothing. I can see the FPS changing on the bottom right (Just a few though, .1-1 F). So, I know it's loaded but it does nothing, when I click (Essentially the A button) nothing happens, no sound, no gfx; just a black screen. NOW. I tried it with 1964 and it loads up perfectly. I was playing OOT yesterday just fine, I'm almost done with it so nothing wrong there and I haven't changed any settings/plugin settings; it's all default. Anyone have any ideas? I know I could just play it on 1964 but I just like P64 so much.

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
It sounds like your specs aren't good enough for the plugins you are using on PJ64. I would recommend using 1964s plugins for PJ64 if you really want to play it on there. What are your computer specs?

OP
L

LinkMaster

Intel Pentium D Duo Processor 2.8GHz
nVidia GeForce 7300 LE 512 MB
1 gig ram

Edit:Nvm. Switched Plugins, works. came up with xpac issue but fixed it.

Edit 2: Looked in P64 FAQ and found out how to enable the Xpac.

Edit 3:Nvm. I'll start over on P64. One last thing that's always bugged me about P64/1964; how can I get it to where I can use my mouse to open the options? (E.g. File, System, Options, Help) I primarily use my mouse for the A/B/ZTargeting buttons so whenever I try to click on an option, it corresponds to the button used in game, not on the option I clicked.

Last edited:
OP
L

LinkMaster

Call me lazy, call me whatever you wish....but I'd like to be able to use the Mouse and not keyboard shortcuts. Plus it's kinda shitty I can't move the window around when I'd like to use an FAQ alongside with it :(

Last edited:

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Well, if you use the N-Rage plugin found on this board (it's one of the stickies in the plugins forum) you can assign a key to lock/unlock the mouse. Whenever you want to open a menu, hit the key to unlock, press F2 to pause emulation (optional) and go into the menu you want.

I generally recommend the N-Rage plugin over any other input plugin, it's the most one thousand three hundred thirty-seven input plugin out there.

Last edited: