What's new

well, not exactly nsx2...

doubleslidefoot

hey,
I'm new to the emulating world and am trying to setup either nsx2 or pcsx2.

But with both I'm having problems.

with nsx2: I try to run (timesplitters 2, using the actual disc) in an elf file, but it just gives me a black screen.

with pcsx2: I can't get a bios file to run properly for start-up, and I get a weird error messege (here) and I can't get farther without finding how setup (not get, I already have 9 different versions) the bios files.

if someone could please help me out, thanks a lot,
doubleslidefoot

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
nSX2 is not good enough to run commercial games properly. the error message you get with PCSX2 has to do with graphics plugin failing because your graphics card fails to support various needed graphics functions.

So with that in mind, what kind of computer do you have and what graphics card do you have?

OP
D

doubleslidefoot

nSX2 is not good enough to run commercial games properly. the error message you get with PCSX2 has to do with graphics plugin failing because your graphics card fails to support various needed graphics functions.

So with that in mind, what kind of computer do you have and what graphics card do you have?

The computer I'm trying to run them on is a laptop:
intel core 2 quad 2.9ghz
no graphics card
2 (2x1) gigs of ram at 666mhz

but I have a gaming comp:
pentium 4 (lame, I know) 2.4 overclocked to 3.5ghz
4 (2x2)gigs of ram at 800 mhz
triple SLI 9800 GTX+ (don't ask me how it works, supposedly it's not supposed to actually run)

Agozer

You should run emulators with your gaming computer. Integrated chips are the last thing you should use for emulating complex 3D hardware. Only a select few integrated chips are good enough to handle complex graphics emulation; yours apparently is not one of them.

OP
D

doubleslidefoot

so I could only run emulation on my gaming comp...
is there anything I can add to my laptop to make it faster (without getting a new one)?

Agozer

is there anything I can add to my laptop to make it faster (without getting a new one)?
No, not really.

Your gaming computer has rather impressive specs, but the fact that it's only a single core Pentium 4 will most likely trash your hopes of playing PS2 games on your PC via emulation.