What's new

Ogre Battle Person of Lordly Caliber

xeno814

well al i cant say is the first time i see is floors are all black and some screens are missing then i abandoned it waiting if there will be a new things that might fix it and a year passed then what? is there any new breakthrough on this game to work?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Your best bet is Glide64, and I don't think even that does the rendering perfectly.

Odds

Because I am loathe to create a new topic when a sufficient one already exists:

I am attempting to run this game on my new laptop. Unfortunately, it is not a gaming laptop and lacks an onboard video card. It does, however, have a relatively powerful T7500 processor and 4GB of RAM.

Now, I've gone through the necessary (painful :3) steps in order to get the backgrounds and most of the other issues in the game to work (I did it years ago, on my desktop), but am of course getting terrible performance on account of my lack of a video card.

I am running Project64 1.6 with the Glide64 'Napalm' 1.0 build, Jabo's DirectSound 1.6, and Jabo's DirectInput 1.6.

I will not be able to modify the laptop, and, if all else fails, I could certainly setup on my desktop, but it is unfortunately immobile and uncomfortable.

Is there any conceivable way that I could get around the video card issue- perhaps by emulating an old Voodoo card (for example) using the newer processor?

Thanks for your help.

-Odds.