What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
just wanted to show a pic of the master sword cos im bored.
1y6ez4.jpg

mode7

I'm using stock.xchng. IMO a good source for base images to make textures. Registering is free.

PS: You should have read my tutorials ;)

PPS: Well I should host them somewhere were they can be downloaded....:(

UPDATE:
Castle Garden

VERY early shot of Kakariko Village

Last edited:

Datadayne

So many quality work Mode7. When I looked at those screens, it brought back memories of TP. I once worked on a similar project with Zeth. And I can remember studying every pic of TP in detail.

Its people like you that keeps this retexturing scene alive. Your work is motivational to the experienced and the new.

Best of luck to you,
Datadayne

dutchMasta

Very nice, would love to help out with this but want to focus right now on Majora's Mask. Any plans on moving on to Majora's Mask after this community project is done? Can probably re-use quite a few of the textures.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

I'll create a topic for Majoras mask later

What do you prefer

92622241sb5.jpg

Or

42360385ym9.jpg

Sorry for the jpgs
NOTE:Second image is heavily compressed and is very low quality the textures are not pixelated

Last edited:

cerebus5

I prefer the second one. IMO if you are going to do a realistic texture pack the textures should have as much detail as possible.

Agree about mode7's work, you've made great progress in a short amount of time. Very impressed.

mode7

Thanks for the feedback

death--droid: the second one is better. Nice work

I'm still wondering why people comparing my work with the style of TP. I've never played TP and I've seen abhout two screens of it.

My style is Ocarina of Time. Actually the latest textures you're seeng here still contain alot of color information from the original textures. All I do is adding more details.
One word to progress: Currently I'm doing a kind of draft. Replacing the most important (most blurred) textures in all areas. Many small textures are not replaced. The color of my textures matches the originals so the unedited blend in. Some of them will never be retextured because their resolution is ok.

Another issue of this pack: Some of these textures have a resolution up to 32x the original (e.g. the grass). This won't work with png textures. I sometime get 15 fps or less (I can play oblivion with full details).
So for a original release they either have to be scaled down (also the skys which it kind of sad). Or someone ads DXT Texture compression support.

Last edited:

dutchMasta

Aw yeah! I'll try contribute what I can to both projects. What area needs to be done in this? I'll see what I can do. Never retextured anything other than icons before, but I think I have a good idea of what to do.

Prefer the 2nd one, nice one Driscol lol. Both are good, but the 1st pics tiling seems a bit off. Doesn't seem to tile seamlessly as it should.

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
why didnt you NAME the eyes!
and those eyes already look very kiddy,
why dont we use those for the kid aswell?

Last edited:

dutchMasta

Just noticed the check list is updated. I'll try temple of water if no one's doing it.

BTW, if you don't mind, could you start the Majora's Mask Thread, I won't be here long enough to keep the check list updated, since I'm working abroad in a month and a bit. Just want to post what I've done so far. Thanks.