What's new

Donkey Kong 64 (U) (!) Issues with PJ64 V.1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious

Okay, I’ve decided to give a progress report on DK64.

Before I begin please do not mail the following:

“If you really want to play DK64 buy the real game and play it on a real N64 console.”

I know this.

Report:

N.B. * I have tried several different DK 64 Roms (Donkey Kong 64 (U) (!)) verified good roms from several different sites. Also I have played and replayed the roms on two different systems.

Systems Specs:
AMD Athlon 1.4Ghz Intel P3 1 Ghz
Ati Radeon Ati Radeon
128 MB RAM 128 MB RAM
WinXP Professional Win ME

The only Boss Key I have been successfully able to obtain is from Army Dillo in Jungle Japes.

After beating Dogadon in Angry Aztec No Key Appears.

Without Boss Keys the other levels in DK64 will not open.

I have already explained this and The Gentleman, being the gentleman he is, took time from his busy schedule to provide me with an “Access all Areas” cheat.

Thanks again for this The Gentleman.

Using the “Access All Areas” cheat I was able to enter Gloomy Galleon level. Why not Frantic Factory I hear you say, I shall get back to this point.

Anyway onto Gloomy Galleon Boss (Octopussy)

Octopussy:
To beat this boss Lanky must speed his boat through DK stars as we know. In my games Lanky was only able to activate the pole form the first star. When speeding through the 2nd star – I tried this several times each time with in the time limit – nothing happens.

Since only one of the four poles needed to beat Octopussy activates, this boss can not be beat. Another glitch, another Boss Key not available!
Problem with “Access All Areas” Cheat:

This is a great cheat provided by The Gentleman and it works perfectly.

The only problem is the nature of DK64 game itself. In DK64 Boss Keys are needed to really access all areas.

In order to access Frantic Factory, Fungi Forest, Crystal Caves, Creepy Castle 7 Hide Out Helm – K.Lumsy’s help via the boss keys is needed. For instance, The canon needed to get to the entrance of Fungi Forest.

Because of the Boss Key problem I have in DK64, only 3 out of 8 levels can be accessed. And this is only due to The Gentleman’s help with the “Access All Levels” cheat.

Unfortunately, the “have all Boss Keys” cheat is still eluding The Gentleman. So it would appear DK64, at least for me, is not a fully playable game.

The Way Forward:

Firstly, feedback is essential.

Has anyone else experienced the same problems as I with DK64? Please let me know.

What other issues, which have not been mentioned before in this forum, have you experienced with DK64?

Has anyone been able to complete DK64?

The solution to the above problems lie in two areas:

1. Project 64 Cheats. Providing the cheats staff are able to find the “Have all Boss Keys” cheat. A mean feat in itself.

2. An eeprom save with all Boss Keys.

If anyone could provide either of these I would be most grateful.

Either way please reply with any helpful comments to this thread.

Thanks for all your help.

C.
:pj64:

mantis

HI there!

1. HOw managed you to free Lanky Kong? Have you beaten the crazy aztec b.b. Mini game, or used a cheat?
2.the eeprom save you attached to your last thread is before dogadon?.I promise i will terminate this dogadon and gain the key for you as soon as i get home(next monday),because i never had problems with it. I had entered the frantic factory stage,as i wrote thats is the only stage for me in which i was able to beat the b.b.minigame(see my old threads).I have to confess i also used cheat because i didn't have enough banana due to the unaccessible Lhama building part(where Lanky is held) .

OP
C

Curious

mantis said:
HI there!

1. HOw managed you to free Lanky Kong? Have you beaten the crazy aztec b.b. Mini game, or used a cheat?
2.the eeprom save you attached to your last thread is before dogadon?.I promise i will terminate this dogadon and gain the key for you as soon as i get home(next monday),because i never had problems with it. I had entered the frantic factory stage,as i wrote thats is the only stage for me in which i was able to beat the b.b.minigame(see my old threads).I have to confess i also used cheat because i didn't have enough banana due to the unaccessible Lhama building part(where Lanky is held) .

:innocent:

Hi Mantis,

I used the modified Rhino cheat you sent sometime ago. Otherwise I would not be able to enter it. Unfortunately DK64 problems for me keep continuing. They all come from not being able to obtain boss keys. It is damn frustrating. I have replayed and replayed the game, using different Roms on two different systems and the same thing happens. I'll try the Mini-barrel in Angry Aztec for you and let you know how I get on. But unless either a cheat or an eeprom with just all boss keys can be provided I suppose my DK64 emulation playing days are through.

Ah well, JFG here I come!

C.

Yoshi

sympathetic dinosaur
:!!!:

Well I was able to collect all the keys from the first 4 worlds, without using any cheat.
But i used the Japanese rom.

Torquemada

When I start game it says expansion pack not found and won't go past that. Where can I change setting for this?

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
Go to options, then settings, then rom settings, and finally to 4mb expansion pack and enable it. That should solve your problem.

OP
C

Curious

Progress Report Part 2

Just for comparison reasons I tried Donkey Kong 64 (E) (!) on PJ64 V.1.4.

The same problem occurs as with Donkey Kong 64 (U) (!) which are:

"The only Boss Key I have been successfully able to obtain is from Army Dillo in Jungle Japes.

After beating Dogadon in Angry Aztec No Key Appears.

Without Boss Keys the other levels in DK64 will not open.

I have already explained this and The Gentleman, being the gentleman he is, took time from his busy schedule to provide me with an “Access all Areas” cheat.

Thanks again for this The Gentleman.

Using the “Access All Areas” cheat I was able to enter Gloomy Galleon level. Why not Frantic Factory I hear you say, I shall get back to this point.

Anyway onto Gloomy Galleon Boss (Octopussy)

Octopussy:
To beat this boss Lanky must speed his boat through DK stars as we know. In my games Lanky was only able to activate the pole form the first star. When speeding through the 2nd star – I tried this several times each time with in the time limit – nothing happens.

Since only one of the four poles needed to beat Octopussy activates, this boss can not be beat. Another glitch, another Boss Key not available!
Problem with “Access All Areas” Cheat:

This is a great cheat provided by The Gentleman and it works perfectly.

The only problem is the nature of DK64 game itself. In DK64 Boss Keys are needed to really access all areas.

In order to access Frantic Factory, Fungi Forest, Crystal Caves, Creepy Castle 7 Hide Out Helm – K.Lumsy’s help via the boss keys is needed. For instance, The canon needed to get to the entrance of Fungi Forest.

Because of the Boss Key problem I have in DK64, only 3 out of 8 levels can be accessed. And this is only due to The Gentleman’s help with the “Access All Levels” cheat.

Unfortunately, the “have all Boss Keys” cheat is still eluding The Gentleman. So it would appear DK64, at least for me, is not a fully playable game. "

Anyone have a reason for this.

My Sys specs are:

Intel P3 1 Ghz
Ati Radeon
128 MB RAM
Win ME

OP
C

Curious

Hi Mantis,

Please check whether you have this problem when you face the boss for Gloomy Galleon. If not can you provide me an Eeprom Save after beating this boss. I feel the boss key situation is also CF related.

Thanks C.

Curious said:

Gloomy Galleon Boss (Octopussy)

Octopussy:

Status
Not open for further replies.